Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Sharon Mc, Renter in Southwest Ranches, FL

Is it possible to find a newer home for sale with a basement or cellar in south-western/eastern Austin?

Asked by Sharon Mc, Southwest Ranches, FL Tue May 21, 2013

Yes its possible.
There is some rolling/slopes terrain in that area.

Email me direct and I'll send you any available listings. Also let me know your price range if yu know it.

I can send out an RFP on your behalf once I get extensive details on your desires.

If you're already working with a Realtor, have him/her contact me.
Shawn @ ShawnMon.com
Web Reference: http://shawnmon.com
I have lived in the Austin area since 1985 and I have seen 1 true basement. I have seen some wine cellars that were in ground so to speak. Thes were in million dollar plus homes. I doubt that a home with a basement exists in the area you mentioned for less than $500K and up, if at all.
There are a few. Don't find too many though. The basements/ storm cellars tend to be in the high end price ranges. I am a Realtor & Architect. Several years ago I designed one for a home being built in NW hills. If you need a Realtor I would be happy to look for an existing property for sale with one.
Hi Sharon,
It is very rare to find a true basement or cellar in Austin. There are homes with walkout lower levels, and I know of a few on the market right now in west Austin. If you would like help with your search feel free to give me a call.

Jennifer Salas
Realtor, Keller Williams Realty
Based upon my experience, most newer spec homes in our area are set on slab foundations. Many older homes are pier and beam foundations. Basements are far less common in this area but could be possible with a custom built home. Was there a specific reason you were looking for a basement home?

Tim Andrews
Modern Home Specialist
Keller Williams Real Estate
Sharon, there are some out there but they are extremely rare. It also depends on your price range as you may find one, but in the higher priced homes built in the hill country. If you are not yet working with a Realtor, feel free to give me a call and perhaps I can assist you.

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415