paenca, Home Buyer in Los Altos Hills, CA

Is it possible to find a > 2,000 sf SFR in Los Altos Hills or Palo Atlo Hills in the Gunn High zone for < $2M?

Asked by paenca, Los Altos Hills, CA Sun Oct 31, 2010

Answers

9
Norman Alessandrini’s answer
Paenca,
I agree with Grace about the homes in Saratoga and Monte Vista being in better shape, But you also asked about the commute, It is pretty slow going during rush hrs both am. and pm. I believe that would be your only draw back, other than that you can get a better home and lot size for your money. As always it just depends on what's the most important considerations for you in your purchase.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you need assistance.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
DRE# 01397256
Paenca:

You will most definitely find better homes at this price range in Saratoga and Monta Vista Hills with the 10,000 SF lot, and in my humble opinion, the school districts are just as good and the communities are just as vibrant. I've shown a lot of homes in both Los Altos Hills and Saratoga, Monta Vista areas around Stevens Creek, and these properties are often in far better shape than those along in Los Altos Hills or PAH.

If you'd like to for me to send you a few for your consideration, let me know via email or telephone and I'll forward these along!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty
Tel (408) 426-1616
Email: GraceAreaProRealty@att.net
Thanks to all for your answers. If it is difficult to find a move-in ready SFR in LAH or PAH, will we be able to get a better deal in Monta Vista High or Saratoga High districts at this price range? We like a larger lot (10K+) but not sure we really need an acre lot.

We are considering San Mateo and Santa Clara (will travel between SF and SJ for work), with some initial criteria/preferences that helped us narrow down the areas:
- Top schools from elementary to high (I understand the best high schools in San Mateo are not nearly as good as the top 5 in Santa Clara? which basically rule out San Mateo for us)
- Prefer hills or somewhere near hills;
- Easy access to 280 (as will be traveling between SF and SJ frequently)

So it seems that LAH and PAH that fall within Gunn High, part of Cupertino that falls within Monta Vista and part of Saratoga that falls within Saratoga High may have a few that suit us? Is the commute from Saratoga bad during peak hours? Any other thoughts or suggestions?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
Hello Paenca:

Of course there are homes in the hills that meet your criteria, and certainly your price range as well. The condition may not be perfect and may need some sprucing up, but there are certainly homes available for you and waiting.

You can see available homes on the website http://www.mlslistings.com, which is the "public portal" for the MLS used by all Realtors, and see what you like. Then if you find something that interests you, give a qualified Realtor a call to assist you in your purchase. At this price, I would strongly suggest not trying to represent yourself.

Good luck in your home search! Give me a call if you need any assistance and would like to discuss substantial rebates to you, as the buyer, on close of escrow.

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
Up to 2% of the Sales Price Rebated to Buyers
Tel (408) 426-1616
Examining the current inventory of homes that meet your stated parameters (city, price, interior square footage and school district), you will quickly be able to determine whether what is available in your price range is acceptable to you.

Feel free to drop me a line if you would like a link to property profiles.

Dan Berman
Pacific Century Realty
Buyer Rebates to 50%
Listing Commissions as Low as 1%
Just realize that the home with that price, location and land (Los Altos Hills and Palo Alto Hills are zoned one acre parcels) will not be in "move in" condition. You will also want to be careful of the location relative to 280 and freeway noise.

The worst conditions for freeway noise are clear and cold, or rain. There are many places in Los Altos Hills where you can see the freeway and not hear it, and others where you can't see it, but it sounds like it runs through your yard.

Get in touch with an agent who knows Los Altos Hills and Palo Alto Hills, to discuss what you are specifically looking for. There are a number of homes in the area that are for sale that are not on the MLS, that you are missing out on by surfing online. An agent who is networked can get you access to those homes too.

Chris
civerson@interorealestate.com
650-450-0450
Web Reference: http://www.VentouxHomes.com
Hi Paenca,
As the other agents have pointed out there are at least 7-14 properties that fit your initial criteria, and there could be more. I have been mainly working as a buyers agent, so what I suggest you do ( if you haven't already done so ) is drive the area 's you like, and set up a search looking in this more specific area's, and set up a tour to view them.
If you would like help with your search, or if you would like to tour some of these homes, please contact me as I would be happy to help.
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesby allyson.com
DRE# 01397256
Hello Paenca, yes there are homes for sale on the MLS. You may do searches on the public MLS at http://www.mlslistings.com
Or if you prefer, I can email you the listings. Please contact me through my Trulia profile. Kind regards.
Yes! There are at least 14 homes on the market that fit your initial criteria, possibly more. Gunn remains a huge draw as the best public school in the area. If you'd like more information, let me know.