Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

ichigo_shiit…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Is it possible to buy a home with little work history?

Asked by ichigo_shiitake, Orlando, FL Sun Mar 23, 2014

I am currently a student and don't have much work history. I've mostly done freelance work while in school. I have an office job now but I've only been there 2 months. There is a foreclosed home I'm interested in buying for $35,000. I can put 20% down and I have a FICO score of 657.

Answers

3
Another option for you is to speak with a local Credit Union, they would be able to answer your questions and hopefully have you on the road to purchasing!
Also, if you are coming right out of college, or another type of educational program, FHA usually is ok with the lack of work history, but definitely consult a mortgage broker.
As long as you have a two year work history including unpaid internships you should be able to get a loan. The amount of the loan etc can be determined by a local licensed mortgage professional. You should consult one in the area where the property is.