Home Buying in Concord>Question Details

mind4creation, Renter in Concord, CA

Is it possible l rent a house to later own the same house?

Asked by mind4creation, Concord, CA Sat Jun 8, 2013

renting to own a home

Answers

3
It's always a possibility to own the house you're renting, as long as it meets sellers expected sales price. A good track record, excellent relationship and a verbalized intention to buy from the landlord will contribute to making this possibility, a reality.
Yes, it is possible, however it can be risky/tricky when you enter into a lease to own contract. Circumstances can change for you, for your landlord, you may not love living there after a time and decide you don't want to buy, who pays for repairs while you are technically still a tenant...other times it works out great! It gives you the chance to save funds for your down payment while you currently have a place to live and the landlord doesn't have to worry about waiting for you to vacate when they are ready to sell it.

Be sure to talk to a Realtor or attorney before you sign anything.
Anything is possible. So my first question is why do you feel that you cannot qualify to buy a house now?

If you indeed cannot qualify to buy a home the traditional way, I have a way you can still get a home and you get to choose the home. Call me so I can explain in detail. 951-210-2101

Respectfully,

Eddie W de Leon
NMLS 238369
DRE Broker 01393751