Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Quanetta Mil…, Renter in Northeast Philadelphia...

Is it possible for my mother & sister to buy a home when my mother receives SSI income and my sister works a full time job making about $10/hr?

Asked by Quanetta Milburn, Northeast Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Tue Sep 4, 2012

My mother is recieving SSI as her only income, while my sister does work a full time job as a daycare worker making about $10/hr. What would be a good first step in getting them started towards this, if it is possible to do? They are tired of renting...only to keep getting stuck in bad situations with slumlords, etc. and constantly having to move. Any advice on them buying would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OK Qmibum, Crunch your numbers with a LOCAL Lender.

Feel free to have you Mom + or Sister give me a call?

All the Best Jhon Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
Yes. Depending on their monthly debt and price of the home they're interested, it is possible to purchase a home. Give me a call when you get a chance. I can tell you about special programs for closing cost assistance as well.

Carol McCann, Remax Millennium 267-970-3952
Call jared nelson 2673124949 for a mortgage preapproval
You should talk to a lender to see what amount that they can get pre aproved for. Once they no what they qualify for they at that point can start looking for a house. I have a great mortgage lender who does a lot of loans involving social security. If you would like to discuss it in full detail you can reach me at 267-228-3910.

Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
Thanks! I'll give you a call.
Flag Tue Sep 4, 2012
You should schedule a meeting with a knowledgeable Realtor and mortgage lender together as your first step. While there are many factors that go into qualifying for a mortgage, the fact that SSI represents part of your income in itself will not keep you from getting a mortgage. The lender will qualify you for a certain purchase price and verify your credit & assets. Your Realtor will guide you through the buying process and help you choose a property that is right for you within your price range. The good news is that there are options available to you. I recently represented a buyer whose only source of income was social security and she was able to purchase a home.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Barbara L Smith
PA & NJ Licensed
Direct: 609-980-7593
email: BarbSmith321@gmail.com
web: http://www.BarbSellsSJ.com
Good afternoon;
Itis possible for your mom and sister to get a mortgage .Now is the time to have their credit run to started the pre-approval process begun .
Please contact me with any questions and to run the credits .
My best ;
Don A . Sherman
RemaxCity and Suburban Realtors