Olga, Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

Is it possible for a single mom with bad credit get a home in san antonio,tx?

Asked by Olga, San Antonio, TX Sun Mar 1, 2009

Answers

9
Call Christina O'connor at Legacy Mutual Mortgage. Her # is 210-414-7534. We weren't the picture of good credit but she helped us and I'm in my new home typing this! They were awesome!
Olga,

Do not get discouraged because you think you have bad credit and they have told you no in the past..! there is always a way to be a homeowner and as long as you are willing to work along with a loan officer that can help you work on your credit, then the possibilities are endless..!

Please call my office and let talk about it. I will be more than happy to assist you and work on getting you that dream home soon..!

Ana L Ojeda
210-861-6381
aojeda22@yahoo.com
http://www.anaojeda.com
Web Reference: http://www.anaojeda.com
Olga, I provide financing for people with challenged credit. I work with a group of Private Mortgage Lenders. Please call and I can discuss your options and down payment needs. 210-724-3549
hi Olga,

what do you mean by bad credit.. Also other factors such as income, debt etc. affects your qualification for a loan...... if you have a credit score above 600, then you can go for FHA loan, which requires only 3.5% down and if your first time home buyer then you can also apply for $8,000 tax credit.... If your score is less than 600, then you must work on improving your credit score....
Of course you can get a home. Just visit our website at http://www.AyresRealEstateInvestors.com. We have found homes for nearly 120 clients with credit issues and will be happy to help you as well.

JAMES HARTLEY
Olga,

My understanding right now is that if you score is above 600, you have a very good chance or will be able to qualify for a mortgage. I am told that this is one of the best times ever to get a mortgage. You need a source of income in addition to the credit score.

If you score is below 600, there are legitimate ways to improve it and get a mortgage. It just might take some time and effort.
Olga,

It really depends on what you define as "bad" as well as your income, debt, and (since you mentioned you're a single mom) they can also take into account other money, such as alimony or child support. You definitely need to speak with a lender (or several, sometimes one can't seem to do it, but another can - it all depends on what loan programs they have available to them). They will run your credit and take a look at your debt vs. income and from there they can see a) if you will be approved and b) what you can be approved for.

Looking at annualcreditreport.com will give you a decent idea of where you stand credit wise, but lenders will look at the big picture as well.

I'd also like to note that the FHA downpayment requirement is 3.5% (not a huge difference, but one none the less) and as Martha mentioned, there is the possibility of the First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit - you can read more about that here - http://budurl.com/Tax2008

Hope some of that helps and if you have more questions or help finding an excellent lender, feel free to contact me.
Yes, it is possible. I am a REALTOR in San Antonio and have researched loan programs that local lenders are offering. Send me an email and I will forward my BUYERS INFORMATION KIT to you. The kit gives you all the information you need in order to buy. Do you know that if you buy before Nov 30, 2009 you may qualify for the new stim plan Obama just passed: up to $8,000 back on your taxes? Martha@TxRealtyForYou.com
Olga,
It depends on how "bad" your credit is. While I don't work in Texas (in fact, my office is in Iowa), I have many potential clients in your situation. First of all, if you don't know what your credit score is, find out at annualcreditreport.com. You are allowed one free credit report each year. Ask a lender at your local bank what kind of "debt-to-income ratios" they work with. This will help you determine if you make enough money to afford a payment. Also ask if you would qualify for an FHA loan. This would allow you to make a 3% down payment on a home with a score as low as 580 in some areas. Gather as much information as possible about loan programs in your area before you let anyone pull a credit report for you; inquiries alone may have a negative effect on your score. I hope I helped some; good luck to you, and contact me if I can ever be of service!
Web Reference: http://www.katesager.com