Home Buying in Brooklyn Park>Question Details

Lovebpark, Home Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN

Is it out of line to offer 10% lower than selling price in B Park given the market?

Asked by Lovebpark, Brooklyn Park, MN Wed Aug 12, 2009

I would like to buy a home in BPark - lived there already for 10 years and the area I am interested in seems perfect for what I need, in much better condition now than 8 years ago.
But I think that the house I am looking at is overpriced given the declining rate in BPark, and I would like to offer what seems fair. Is 10% too low on a bank owned home?

Answers

1
Everything is negotiable, but you need to decide if you are willing to be outbid. There are multiple offers on many of the foreclosed homes in that area. In these situations you need to make a strong offer, or risk losing the house. Talk to your agent, and let them show you what the similiar properties have sold for. So you can make an offer that will get accepted. Good luck

Mike