Home Buying in Bulls Head>Question Details

RIta Perez, Renter in New York, NY

Is it ok to get a prequalify from my credit union online?

Asked by RIta Perez, New York, NY Tue Jul 16, 2013

Compare rates and costs from this website to those of your Credit Union...A good Mortgage Broker has access to multiple Banks...Therefore being in a position to get you the best available financing.

Yes, it's ok. In New York in the past few years, there has been about a 15 percent increase in credit union loans to home buyers, especially first time buyers. As portfolio lenders, credit unions usually keep at least half of new loans in their own investment portfolios. Borrowers shopping for a mortgage might find that credit unions can offer slightly lower closing costs than banks. Another advantage is that most credit unions retain the servicing on all of their mortgage loans. As member-owned cooperatives, they have an incentive to be responsive to their customers.
I think you can, as long as they tell you that you are eligible to get a loan
I would think so. Maybe you can get a preapproval from them instead of a prequel.
Why not simply build a relationship with any local licensed loan officer....
I read that before you speak to a realtor, you should be pre-approved. I have been getting all my information from friens and the internet.
Flag Tue Jul 16, 2013