Home Buying in Pasadena>Question Details

Kristian Har…, Renter in Glen Burnie, MD

Is it normal to be nervous during the weeks leading up to closing?

Asked by Kristian Hargett, Glen Burnie, MD Thu Sep 27, 2012

Our offer got accepted on a house on Last week. I thought that would be the hard part but I was wrong. Now, with every hurdle, I am on pins and needles. First we were nervous about the inspection( It came back fine). Then, it was the appraisal that had my stomach in knots(also came back fine) Now we are waiting for the completion of underwriting and, you guessed it, Im going crazy. Is this a normal reaction? Anyone else been through the same. We are still 5 weeks from closing, Im gonna be insane by then

Answers

8
Completely normal! You've spent time and effort locating what you believe to be the very best you can buy, and the potential along the way for it to all fall apart is a reality. That's enough to make anyone nervous!

I'm glad to hear it is all going along great for you. My best advice to clients when it doesn't is that things happen for a reason, and perhaps this wasn't meant to be. The last great deal hasn't been made!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 27, 2012
Absolutely. I have been an agent for more than 30 years and it happens all the time. A good agent will prepare you for these feelings ahead of time so that you are not surprised. I use to give our bottles of candies marked remorse pills and tell them to take them every night prior to closing. Depend on your agent, attorney, and other professionals and you will be in good hands and into your new home with less stress. Picture yourself sitting in that new home right now and enjoy!
I can soooooo relate! I am so nervous!!! I'm closing tomorrow and it's been weeks of feeling like I am living in another world!!!! The condo came in 35 thousand more than my purchase price and I'm STILL nervous!!! I think I'll drink a split of champagne after the closing. That might help! :-)
Is natural than homebuyers will stay close to the real estate agents and mortgage broker in the days before the closing to provide any documents that they may need. Try not to apply for any credit card or loans until the day after the closing. Be anxious and nervous is very comun, just remember that you are not alone, you have different professionals working for you and monitoring all the steps for a successful outcome.

Best of Luck,

Maria E. Cipollone

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Very normal. Just ask your lender to update you but once the loan is in UW there isnt much he or she can tell you and if you don't hear from him for awhile that's normal also. I worry when people AREN'T nervous, it's a big deal buying a home. Congrats and I am sure it will all be fine.

Brent Mendelson
1st Mariner Mortgage
nmls#111407
It is ABSOLUTELY Normal!! (With a BIG Smile)...Just breathe easy......
This is why having a great relationship with your agent is SOOOOO important....
My Sellers and Buyers have so many questions during this time its not even funny....
I answer them to the best of my knowledge and keep everyone involved calm!

One client years ago I went to their house and brought them dinner, sat down with them and walked them through what to expect...they were so nervous before I arrived...when I left...they were so grateful. It is to be expected. Please...please be in contact with your agent during this time...that is what we are here for!
Kristian,

Both the buyer and seller are moving on to a new chapter in their lives, and yes, it is absolutely normal to be nervous. It sounds like you have a good agent, who can navigate you through any issues.

Rich
Oh my gush is this normal!!!!
Everything is changing in your life, you are doing the unknown, even if you are just moving across the streets is would be completely different. Most likely you are not moving that close, so the you are worried about the demons you do not know, the house itself, will you like it, did you spend enough time viewing it, what about the neighbors, what about the schools, what about traffic, how long will it really take to go to the store when you run out of something.
The inspection came back fine, so you can be pretty sure the house will not collapse once you get there. LOL.
If you think you might the right decision when you choose this house, you most likely did. Try not to worry!!
This worry will last till a month or so after settlement, but it will fade, and you will forget all about it.

Enjoy your new home!!!!