Home Buying in Ypsilanti>Question Details

Alford Rye, Home Buyer in Ypsilanti, MI

Is it normal for a buyer to obtain another realitor than the one that is selling?

Asked by Alford Rye, Ypsilanti, MI Fri Feb 15, 2013

we have sold before, and this is what happened. We are looking to move from the country into town, and are just starting to look at what we find on line and then contact the agent if interested, but so far the 3 we would like to put in an offer has already been taken.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3096895411-1347-Molner-Ct-Yps…

Answers

7
Not only is it normal; no buyer should ever use the listing agent who is supposed to be representing the seller's best intersts
Hi Alford,

I believe in hiring a Realtor to look out for your best interest. Purchasing or selling a house can be very emotional and most buyers will buy with their eyes and emotions. Ever hear the expression "lawyers never represent themselves" (emotions get in the way of judgement). Get a full time Realtor that specializes in the area. Hope this helps.
Alford,

It is purely your choice . I have heard every argument on both sides. I myself do not do both sides of a contract.

Vera
Alford,

The main reason that buyers tend to find their own realtors, other than the listing agent, is that they are worried about not being properly represented by the listing agent. Yes listing agents owe a fiduciary responsibility to the sellers, but if they represent the buyers too they then owe a fiduciary responsibility to the buyers as well. This is called dual agency. Dual agency can only be done with the expressed consent of both the sellers and the buyers, and does limit the information that the agent can divulge to each party.

Also, buyers figure that if properties are being offered on the MLS or such, listing agents usually have already agreed to compensate the buyers agent out of the commission being paid by the seller. Seldom will a listing agent reduce the commission charged the seller if he/she represents both parties, hence ther is no financial benefit to the buyer...

In your situation, if you get your own agent, he/she would be able to let you know what is available that meets your criteria and can do preliminaries such as find out if there are offers pending, etc. Your agent can also do follow ups and let you know if pending offers fell through and if the property is available again. Another advantage of a good agent is that if they do their work right, they should be able to inform you of when new properties come on the market before you can find out for yourself...
Alford,

Good Morning!

If you are happy with the agent selling your home I would recommend working with them. It's always better in my opinion to have a buyer's agent represent you rather than the agent that has the home listed who represent the seller.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Alford,

The Agent with the Listing has fiduciary duty to the Seller. A Buyers Agent would work solely on behalf of YOU. Which would you prefer?

Contact me if you are interested in obtaining the services of a Buyer's agent.

David Wallner
Prudential Snyder and Company
734 649-2710
david@davidwallner.com
This would not be the fault of the LISTING AGENT; the Market is very HOT right now for affordable homes.
I do agree that you want your own Buyer's Agent; they can give you the attention you deserve, find multiple properties that suit your needs, and preview them so that you are not wasting your time.

Look for the VIEW a TRULIA VIP icon and CLICK on it: Enter ypsilanti for the CITY and you will see a lot of Realtors who are on Trulia. You can view their PROFILE and RECOMMENDATIONS, and e-mail them with questions.

Good luck and may God bless