Joy, Renter in 10021

Is it more important to have 4inches more of counter space with a refrigeraor/freezer that is 11.8 cu. ft. Or a13.8 cu. ft and 4 inches less counter

Asked by Joy, 10021 Fri Jul 6, 2012

Answers

15
I would get more counter space and buy a taller refrigerator. Many company's are offering refrigerators that have been used in Europe for years now are now making their way to the US market. These slim refrigerators are taller than most US brands.

For more design and real estate tips contact Teddy & Alexandra at teddy@vodabauer.com or alexandra@vodabauer.com
It's really a personal choice. I would go with a bigger fridge because you can always add additional counter space by having a moveable butcher block/cart that's easily purchased at any home goods store. Plus it has the added benefits of being mobile!

Best of luck,
Ryan
The design is all wrong;
Move the refrigerator over there where it won't be in the way when you try to walk in the room.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
I vote for bigger fridge.
I think just about anyone would be happier with a bigger refrigerator. 11.8 cu ft is a very small refrigerator. Average family size is between 18-26 cu ft.
Don Mituzas
it depends on if you cook a lot and need counter space or need a bigger refrigeraor
it would depend on your personal preference.
4 inches is not enough counter space to make a difference.
Remind prospective tenants they can always add a kitchen cart--they are inexpensive, cute, and come in a variety of sizes.

A bigger fridge might well rent your place compared with a smaller fridge in another apartment. It really depends on how much eating out the residents plan on.

In a sales situation, this small difference in refrigerator size may not matter at all. Other factors, especially the unit's maintenance, will trump a refrigerator difference that you're talking about here.

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York, NY
kharby@crrnyc.com
212-688-1000x146
I vote for the bigger refrigerator.
I'm for the bigger fridge.
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES GREEN BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
THE ANSWER IS 13.8 CU FT AND 4 INCHES LESS COUNTER
The answer depends on how much counter space you are left with. If you don't have much counter space then that would be a priority vice versa if you have plenty of counter space then go with the bigger fridge
That is an unusual question. Much will depend on other things and is going to be difficult for anyone here to answer based on just that much. If you have boat loads of counter space 4" is not going help much. If you are limited it might. If you are in a 1 bedroom home 11.8 cu ft might be ok, if you are in a 7 bedroom home 13.8 means more. All things even, I would go for the bigger frig and lose 4", but that is the only place I would choose to lose 4".