-,  in Brooklyn, NY

Is it just me? Or, have the snowy days have the buyers and sellers trapped indoors? Frustrated!! Let me know what you think.

Asked by -, Brooklyn, NY Wed Feb 2, 2011

Answers

15
Jeannette Batsikas’ answer
Great answers! Anxiety kills us all. I had to really learn how to get THROUGH this when I experience this with my clients. By getting frustrated its only hurting you, live life don't worry. When we worry for some reason money just trickles in but when we don't care money is just flowing. Remember the laws of attraction, its the opposite that attract. Wish you the best! Jeannette Batsikas
Try not to get frustrated. Take a few days off and enjoy it.
:)
The snowy days have definitely affected my ability to show homes. Warmer weather is coming and they buyers will be out again. Give it another week to 10 days. Much success to you!
Hang in there Mark- The weather is changing and even though there is rain in the forcast for this weekend at least buyers will be able to find a place to park their cars. Yes the snowy days did keep most buyers home but I used that down time to learn new marketing skills and did prospecting. Wishing you a most successful year.
Mark:

Buyers need a reason get outside in those windy snowy days. Properties priced correctly will generate adequate traffic to generate a sale.

I found that sometimes a beautiful 80 degree day can drive people to parks, beaches and not to our open houses etc. Weather is outside of our control just keep a positive attitude and your'll find success.

Best of luck.

Bonnie Chernin and David Rogoff
Fillmore Real Estate Branch #19
2926 Avenue J
Brooklyn NY 11210
917-593-4068 (David’s Cell)
646-318-5031 (Bonnie’s Cell)
davidrogoff@fillmore.com
Mark, rain, snow, or shine, we still need to get out there a make it happens. Last week I show two different clients in Queens and Brooklyn, yes the owner let us put plastic backs on our shoes, can you imagine. The best thins was, both buyer putting offers......I'm looking forwrad to a contract.

You can do it!

Brenda Bendigo
Exit All Seasons Realty
Mark I hear you and feel your pain!
Mark, if the sellers are trapped indoors, it's a great time to prospect for listings! Prospect, Prospect, Prospect! You will reap the fruits of your labor soon enough.
To Gail:
I'm in agreement with you, Gail, regarding buyers out looking early in January. My condo listing had a flurry of showings at the beginning and middle of January when the weather was cold but not snowy. Now, it's very quiet because due to the weather; residents are told to stay off the streets at least once or twice a week for the past several weeks. There has definitely been a reduction on the amount of cars on the roads. Indeed, I believe that Mark is justified in feeling frustrated as I feel it too and so does my office.
Cheers to an early Spring!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Mark, I think it is you. If anything, I find that buyers are out extra early. What are you doing to market your properties?

Give me a call...I will be happy to assist...631-425-6150 or Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Hi Mark,
I know that I'm feeling very homebound as of late due to the weather. It's been at least once or twice a week since the new year began that the mayor has declared a state of emergency! Today everything was closed because of extremely icy roads.
That being said; we've seen very few new listings and my buyer clients are waiting to tour but are checking the internet for new possibilities or reductions. The Superbowl is this Sunday so after that, weather permitting, I hope that activity will pick up. I definitely hear your frustration, Mark!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Mark,

I wish it were as simple as the weather but it's much more complex....... IMO, the solution may be tied to consumer confidence and positive economical growth.......remember 3003, 2004, & 2005?

Those from Texas, you are not in our reality.

Mark, I don't know about the buyers and sellers (well, kinda but I'm feeling sorry for myself) but I know that I, not being a winter person, am frustrated and sooooooo sick of winter and sooooooo ready for Spring.
Tough winter, sick of kids being off from school, sick of shoveling, wet, snow and ice.
Soooooooooo Done!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, Spring couldn't get here fast enough.
That is just normal matter of adjusting a business plan for these types of days... we are EXTREMELY PRODUCTIVE with our services. Phones are ringing like crazy. Dallas has been shut down for 2 days.. we have more deals taking place

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Mark, Absolutely, but those that make it out are definitely the serious buyer.

All the Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net