Home Buying in Pineville>Question Details

Flwrjunki, Home Buyer in Alexandria, LA

Is it hard to buy a house if you are a single woman?

Asked by Flwrjunki, Alexandria, LA Thu Feb 21, 2013

i have a home but i do not live in it. My husband lives there and i want to buy a home without him or using the house as a financial lean, i believe my credit score is in the 650 to 675 range and i will be able to put down around 10,000. but this is the first time i have ever bought my own house. Please advise

Answers

9
Good Question! Are you currently making payments on your home? This could hinder you from qualifying for what you want to move into since you still own. You will need to talk to a recommended lender in your area who can guide you in the right direction. Your credit seems good, and NO I have sold many homes to single women! Keep up the good work :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 21, 2013
It's not hard at all to buy a home as a single woman! I was single 12 years ago when I purchased my first home using 100% financing. I agree with my colleagues - there are many ways a mortgage broker/lender can work with you re showing payments being taken care of by another party, etc, to get you in a home of your own.

I just realized this thread was from 2013, so likely you've already been cozy in your new home for a while. If not, I'd be glad to help you.

Sandra
It's not hard at all to buy a home as a single woman! I was single 12 years ago when I purchased my first home using 100% financing. I agree with my colleagues - there are many ways a mortgage broker/lender can work with you to get you in a home of your own.

I just realized this thread was from 2013, so likely you've already been cozy in your new home for some time. If not, I'd be glad to help you.

Sandra
There are lots of variables that your lender should be able to help you out with on this. If the home your husband lives in has a mortgage and you are on it, then this will affect your debt to income ratio. This could make it harder for you to buy a home. There are lots of homes for sale in the Alexandria, LA area. There are over 40 for sale under $50,000. Let me know exactly what you are looking for and I would love to help. You can call, text or email me at (318) 792-3185 or keary@kearycoffin.com. You can also visit my website http://www.kearycoffin.com to search for homes or sign up for my free foreclosure list at http://www.cenlaforeclosures.info.
Are you wanting to purchase a home to live in or as an investment? I would love to discuss some options for you. I am a top producing realtor in Central La and would love to schedule a time to meet or chat with you. I am available anytime...evenings, weekends, etc I will gladly work within your timeframe. Please feel free to call me. 318-664-6387. You have a great day !!
Being a single woman should not make any difference as it will be the lender's underwriting criteria that governs whether the prospective borrower is male or female. Lots of factors to consider here, however. Your credit score and down payment amount should qualify you for all loan options - conventional, FHA, VA (if you qualify), and Rural Development (depending on a home's location). Another critical factor that will come into play, however, will be your debt to income ratio which you didn't provide any information for.

Would love to work with you. I am an agent with Keller Williams Realty in Alexandria. Keller Williams was recently named #1 for both seller and buyer satisfaction by the prestigious JD Power rating agency. I also write the real estate column for a local newspaper. My direct contact information is:

Ed Stewart
Cell #: (318) 201-3991
Email: edstewart@kw.com

I look forward to hearing from you.
I am a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Reap Realty in Alexandria and would love to help you get in a home! It sounds like you have a lot going for you and should not have any problems. I would love to talk to you and give you the names of a finacial lender who can help you. They are great to work with! You can reach me on my cell anytime, 318-613-1601. This is a great time to be in the buying side of the market!

Lisa Antley
REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Reap Realty
1305 Metro Drive Suite 1
Alexandria, LA. 71301
(C)318-613-1601
(O)318-445-2500
(F)318-445-9419

e-mail: Lantley@coldwellbankerreap.com
Each Office Individually Owned and Operated

Licensed by:
The Louisiana Real Estate Commission
Baton Rouge, La.
Shop around for a mortgage broker that can explore your financial status and advie you properly. After you know the conditions of the loan that you can get pre approved for, hire an attorney that you trust to advocate and advice you on the way that you will be taken title on these purchase.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
It's really no more difficult for a single woman to buy a house than for a married couple or a single man. It's done every day. I would check the laws in your state regarding ownership of property. Consult an attorney and make sure you follow all the rules if you do not want your husband on the deed.