Home Buying in Ansonia>Question Details

Matthew Sher…, Home Buyer in Ansonia, CT

Is it hard to buy a home using a VA loan in Ansonia, CT?

Asked by Matthew Sheridan, Ansonia, CT Tue Dec 4, 2012

Just looking for some one with experience in the field of using a VA loan and hopefully someone military friendly that could help me out. Transitioning out of the Marine Corps soon and I'm a first time home buyer.

Answers

4
I am military friendly since 1996, and have underwriters who are experieneced in the VA loan process, shop for your loan originator before you shop for the property. Multiple credit inquiries should not concern you in a breif time frame, call 5 originators the same day. Thanks for your service.
Hi Matthew,
The VA loan process is very easy. Your Certificate of Eligibility can be obtained electronically from your lender in just a few minutes. Your funding fee is determined by the amount of money you have to put down on the purchase of your new home. You can get 100% financing with a 2.15% funding fee. If you contact Joann Flanagan @ 203-592-1333 she would be very happy to serve you.
Hi Matthew, it should be fairly easy to find you a home that will be approved by the VA loan program. If you do not have a mortgage person, I can definitely give you the name of a few that have experience with VA loans and get you prequalified for a purchase. Would love to help you further, please feel free to contact me, Julie Lucia, Realtor, Showcase Realty, 203-578-5631
First of all; Thanks for Serving!

You will need to talk to the VA office to get your Certificate of Eligibity.
You should talk to the Navy Federal Credit Union about a loan, (they take all branches).
Ask about the Funding Fee: It may be free if you are active or disabled.

Good luck and may God bless (He even favors those who weren't in the Navy)