Home Buying in Olive Branch>Question Details

Mimzy, Home Buyer in Olive Branch, MS

Is it feasible to purchase a foreclosure or short sale with a VA home loan in the current market?

Asked by Mimzy, Olive Branch, MS Mon Dec 24, 2012

We have been doing quite a bit of house hunting online and the foreclosure market seems to offer more of what we would like in our price range of $225,000. We are concentrating in the Olive Branch/East Memphis Area.

Answers

2
Mimzy,

Yes, you may use your VA with either of these types of purchases. However, In order to be approved for a VA home loan, a property for sale must go through a VA appraisal. But not all properties are automatically eligible for a VA loan. I would be happy to go into detail with you more regarding the process. Please feel free to give me a call or if you would like to schedule an appointment with me, just let me know. I'm licensed in MS. & TN.

Jay McMiller
RE/MAX-Advantage
901-413-9905
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 25, 2012
Yes, you may use your VA with either of these types of purchases. I am licensed in MS. & TN. Please give me a call to arrange an interview.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 25, 2012