Marilyne Ken…, Home Seller in Las Vegas, NV

Is it easy to sell a home FSBO?

Asked by Marilyne Kennedy, Las Vegas, NV Wed Apr 3, 2013

Answers

14
Heather Neuwirth’s answer
Hi Marilyne,

Thank you for your question. In my experience it is not easy for a homeowner to sell their property themselves. Unless you do it for a living. Representing yourself in a real estate transaction can be stressful, emotional, time consuming, and if you do not sell a lot of property on a regular basis you need to be represented by a professional.

There a lot of things to know when selling a property. You must have certain disclosures to protect yourself. To work with an agent with expertise and who can handle your transaction while not being emotionally attached to the property. Who will be able to negotiate price and terms. Handle situations like repairs, appraisal conditions, coordinating Title closings, and much more will benefit you in the long run and give you more time to handle other things.

Some questions I would ask you as a buyer's agent are... Do you have a Seller's Real Property Disclosure Form to provide to the buyer? Is the property located in an HOA (Homeowner's Association)... Did you know... The Seller must provide the HOA Resale Package to the buyer? Do you have all the information needed to provide that to the buyer?

When hiring an agent like myself to represent you as the Seller it benefits all parties involved. It protects you as the Seller in negotiating the best possible price for you, and the agent works in your best interest and at the same time taking the pressure of the Seller.

I would recommend interviewing a few agents before choosing one. This way you feel comfortable with the agent who will be representing your best interest. If you have any questions please contact me. Send me an email and I will be happy to send you my presentation.

Best Wishes,

Heather Neuwirth
Barrett & Co., Inc.
2885 S Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
702-469-7163
heatherneuwirth@yahoo.com
I am an incredible listing agent but my passion is to help buyers find their dream homes. On occasion I take a listing and they always end up with great results. In the case of FSBO I can always prove that based on my marketing plan I will attract so many more buyers. This will not only net you more money after the commissions, you can also have a professional do all the work for you.

If you are one of those types who can do it all and you don't need anyone... more power to you.
Imagine that complications occur and you are not experience to deal with them, that is why it pays to have the protection of a professional.

Phil Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-614-9337
E-mail:smokey25@cox.net
http://www.Las-Vegas-Real-Estate-Home.com
http://www.PhilScheinman.com
Hi Marilyne, I am a loan officer here in Vegas. I would recommend against doing a FSBO, on the back end from the mtg side I have seen so many things go wrong and you leave yourself open for lawsuits.
If you still want to do it one hting I do with some of clients is i will pre-qual the ones that want to make an offer for you at no charge. if you have any other questions regards to finance just let me know.

Michael Diaz
mdiaz@acceptancecapital.com
702.609.2607
http://www.reloandr.com
Marilyne, I recently sold a FSBO home and it was very difficult. One, the Seller got his full asking price and then wanted out because he decided he didn't want to sell his home. My Buyers would not budge and we did get the home.

The problem with trying to sell your home yourself is you don't know all the real estate forms and you could potentially have some real problems. You need to fill out several forms that are required by law and you must fill them out correctly. Secondly, in today's world one must be cautious and you don't want to open your home to just anyone. Realtors pre-qualify their buyers and let you know who is walking through your home.

Don't try to save a little commission by not listing your home with a good and trustworthy realtor. I promise you, you will have nothing but headaches and you want to get your home sold and marketed to all websites and get a qualified buyer! Good Luck! Becky Zisk
No.

Still, it can be done. Some people are able to do it. If you want to try, buy a couple of books on the subject. Investigate sites that provide support to FSBOs. Learn all you reasonably can.

Easy: No.

Possible: Yes.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Depends! Are you talking about a condo or SFR and in what location? My 35 years experience tells me most FSBO don't get as much NET money as those listing with an agent. You really need to to be in the MLS to get lots of traffic.

David Cooper Investing in Las Vegas Since 1994
Call me 702.499.7037 http://www.lasvegawinner.org
Hi Marilyne,

Selling real estate can be easy for someone who is familiar with all the paper work, disclosures required by Nevada law and has the time and knowledge to pre -qualify buyers before they let them into their property. Many sellers find it complex and prefer to hire a professional and experienced Realtor to help them with the process.

In today's world, with all the exposure of the internet it could make it easier to expose your property to buyers, the question is why would you?

Reasons to Hire an Agent:

1. Education, knowledge & Experience- Henry Ford once said that when you hire people who are smarter than you are, it proves you are smarter than they are

2. Pre-qualify buyers: Your agent will show your property only to qualified buyers and wont wast your time in setting appointments and missing time off work and will filter all the pone calls from
" fishers"

3. Negotiation: With an experienced agent,you will get the highest price with the shortest time so you can move quickly to your new place.

4. Neighborhood Expert: A professional agent knows your area and the homes that sold in your neighborhood. Your property will be marketed to buyers that are looking to buy in your area.

5. Best price results: Top producers and a good agent have negotiation skills and work for you. An experienced agent will sell your property for the highest price and will negotiate for you the best terms. Keep in mind..real estate agents do not dictate prices.

6. Keep you away from troubles; remember..with all the disclosures and paper work and all the steps involved , you will be guided by a professional who is experienced in this field.

7. Marketing: An active experienced agent will expose your property to thousands of buyers and real estate agents with buyers and will create a unique marketing plan just for your property.

8. Open House and Professional networking: You can enjoy your weekends while your agent goes to work for you !

There are so many reason to hire a licensed professional to help you sell your home . Yes, you can defiantly sell your home FSBO..the question is why?

I would love to apply for the job of selling your home. Please call me at 702-612-7099 or email me at cvegashomes@gmail.com

Rena Levy
Broker/Associate
Certified International Property Specialist
702-612-7099 Direct
cvegashomes@gmail.com
Realty Executives of Nevada
Web Reference: http://www.cvegashomes.com
Please call me and I'll give you the information you need to do FDBO. It can be easy but you'll need information so you don't make bad mistakes or get burned. Matt 501.0973
Many good answers here tonight..!

I do not fix my own car...I hire a mechanice.
I would not represent myself in court....I will hire an attorney.

Realtors are trained for this.
A Qualified agent can structure a deal for you that will,...in many cases...bring you in the same or a better net figure.

Also,....Realtors have the lions share of qualified buyers to bring to your home.
Many buyers who do not use a realtor will be amateur cash investors who will make you lowball offers. Others may include people who are not even qualified to purchase the home and are wasting your presious time.

A good agent knows his contracts, how to negotiate the best deal for you, understands how to protect the seller from liability and many other factors.

There are disclosures that,...by law are mandated...

Do you want to answer all the calls and perform all the showings....?

I could go on for quite awhile about the value of a realtor.

Long Story Short.....
If you think is expensive to hire a professional...wait until you hire an amateur....or do it yourelf...
It is a seller's market, so finding A buyer might be easy. However, knowing how to get TOP DOLLAR, the best way to structure the offer, and keeping everything on track through closing takes an experienced agent. There are so many things you could do wrong and the problem is that you won't know that you did something wrong until things fall apart or you've left a sizable sum on the table.

I've been a licensed agent for over 13 years. During that time I've sold 3 of my own properties outside the area I service and I hired a local agent to handle the sale...it's because I know the process so well that I recognize the value in having a talented & experienced agent on your team.

When you hire a good real estate agent, you are not simply paying for someone to perform a service for you...hiring the right agent can actually result in more dollars in your pocket at the end of the sale. Trying to save money by not hiring an agent or hiring the wrong one is likely to cost you far more than you thought you were saving.
The big answer is why would you!! A licensed REALTOR is your best protection. Also they usually will get you a greater return on your home. I urge you to call me to explain what I can do for you. Also you can go to my web address below for detailed listing information. I can have you full price cash offers on most properties in Clark County in less than 72 hours. You can also see this months HOMES mag too see the properties I have SOLD recently in ONE day.
Have you ever heard of the conscious competency ladder ? http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newISS_96.htm . Basically , trying o sell a home FSBO is like pulling your own teeth . You don't know what you don't know . Have you ever written a purchase agreement between buyer and seller and opened escrow ? Do you know how to check and make sure a buyer is fully qualified to make a purchase ? Do you know the different types of financing and what will happen if an appraisal doesn't match the purchase price , Are you aware of the NRS codes and statutes that a seller is legally liable for when selling a property ? Are you willing to risk being sued by the buyer if you have not fulfilled your legal obligation ? Are you prepared to let strangers into your home with no knowledge of their ability to buy your home ? If you know the answers to these questions then you should have a real estate license by now and be able to sell a property FSo . But without any experience you are really opening yourself up for a great deal of liability .
Marilyne,

Typically selling FSBO is not easy. Unless you are prepared to spend endless hours and money marketing your property. The negotiation process alone makes having an agent worth while. Someone who knows the process and how to handle buyers purchasing tactics. Commissions are ALWAYS negotiable. I reccommend interviewing 3 agents and see who will offer the most to you.

Mike Kruse
VIP Realty Group
702.286.3434
Web Reference: http://lvhomesbymike.com
It depends on who you are, what you own, and, of course, the ever so important, where you own. Do you know the local laws? Do you know what an SRPD is? Did you know that having a real estate agent representative historically has averaged about an 18% greater return on the property sale than an FSBO? That's far less than they charge and avoids a lot of hassle.

James R. Bellile BS, RRG, SRS, ABR
Broker/Salesperson
iProperties International
LasVegasRealEstateConnection.com
702-222-0815