Home Buying in Novato>Question Details

Peter, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Is it easy to rent out an entry-level single famliy house in novato?

Asked by Peter, San Francisco, CA Sat Sep 6, 2008

Answers

5
Hi Peter:

Don't know if you are still even on Trulia or where you live now, but I was looking for somethinig on Trulia and happened upon this old question.

Just want to follow up and see where you are now. Are you still in S.F. area? Renting? Owning? Sometimes it's nice to know what happened to people that we happened upon..

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
In answer to your question about the traffic from Novato to San Rafael, it is getting a little easier, but you will have a bit of a drive after 7:00 am until close to 9:00 am. I drove this route for three years and I found that leaving before 6:30 got me there in short time.15-20 mins. after 6:30 it begins to get a little chocked at San Rafael. By 7 you will have a good 45 - 1 hour drive.
Peter:

Thanks for your reply. With the softening market (driven mostly by the lending problem, and unfortunately for the sellers, short sales and REOs which bring the overall price down), the houses are more affordable now, both in Novato and San Rafael. I just helped a couple of my clients into contract on some nice properties after much searching. A few are still looking and rightly so due to their specific requirements.

I would love to meet with you and discuss your specific situation when you are ready to look at homes both in Novato and San Rafael.

Yes, the traffic from Novato to San Rafael has become pretty slow during the past year; mostly due to the construction on 101 where 37 merges into 101 just South of Novato and between Terra Linda and Lincoln Avenue where the lanes merge. There are local route that I take when I have to go to town during traffic hours but that can be slow also.

My husband worked in the city and now commutes to Oakland every other week. He leaves home very early to beat the traffic. Traffic is better during the summer and winter. .

I just started working with a very nice couple who are relocating to Marin. They commented on how nice it is to work with a Realtor to help them speed up the learning process about the local areas and markets. I think they are going to find their dream home!

I look forward to meet you. Just give me a call or email me.

Sylvia
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Sylvia,

I read a lot of your anwsers on this website. I might afford an entry-level single-family house in novato or san rafael.

It is said the traffic from novato to san rafael is very bad, and it will take time to fix 101.

I will visit Novato sometime, and then contact you.

Peter
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008
Hi Peter:

Absolutely! Entry-Level Single Family Homes (and for that matter, entry level town homes, condos) are in real demand now a days in Novato.

This is in part due to the relative high cost of purchasing a home, the recent difficulties in getting a mortgage for bread and butter homes and the needs of previous homeowners who had / have to sell their homes due to mortgage problems.

I just helped a client of mine renting out her own home after they bought a single family home. The townhouse was rented in a week with multiple interested parties and eager renter to sign a two year lease. Another client of mine wants to rent out his larger home and rent an entry level home (downsize). We could hardly fine one that;s available.

So, the answer to your question is a resounding YES! I am curious to know why you asked the question and how I can help you?

Sylvia Barry
Marin (Novato) Realtor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 6, 2008