Eleanor Sams…, Real Estate Pro in Valley Stream, NY

Is it better to show buyers more or less when viewing properties for sale.?

Asked by Eleanor Sams-Hurdle, Valley Stream, NY Mon Dec 3, 2012

Answers

6
Maria Cipollone’s answer
The first thing any agent should do is listen to the client's needs and them show all the properties that meet those requirements. After they see everything that is available, it will be easy for them to compare and choose.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 4, 2012
I think everyone is different and you have to work with each different personality.
Hi Eleanor,
I agree with Elizabeth, I think six is the maximum number of homes one can process on a given day. However, if your client is relocating, you may want to add a drive around the community to your tour and show them the different places they may frequent ie, local gym,market,schools,post office, etc.
Hi Eleanor ~ I tend to think that six is about the maximum number of properties for one tour. Even six can be a bit overwhelming. If you show more than that energy wanes, eyes glaze over, hunger pangs set in - and I mean with the buyers - not me!! If someone's relocating and we have limited time I'll go over that number of showings but it's not ideal. I do try as we drive along to encourage buyers - after we've seen a few - to start to rank them - that tends to help them to remember more about the properties.
Everything an agent does should be about how to best serve their client and not what is best or eaisest for themselves. Some buyers only need to look at one house as they have spent extensive time doing their own internet research. Others more need to be lead and educated and thus shown more homes. Focus on your buyers needs and let everything you do be dictated by that mission.
If you are showing too many properties to a customer then either you are not clear on what they are looking for, or the customer is not motivated or ready to make a decision. I try to control how many properties are shown and press my customers for a decision, or a clear reason why they don't like what they are seeing