Home Buying in Jupiter>Question Details

Daniel  Cata…, Home Owner in Pembroke Pines, FL

Is it better to buy a new home or a used home in Jupiter?

Asked by Daniel Catanzaro, Pembroke Pines, FL Mon Apr 1, 2013

In general, a resale is a better buy in Jupiter. Having lived and practiced real estate in Jupiter for over 20 years, we can tell you that the best land in the best locations was built upon years ago. Remember, you can always remodel your home, but you can't move your lot to a better location. Additionally, value is generally better on a resale. Also, all of the warranty work has already been done, so you don't have to cajole the builder to honor his contract.

However, a new home has all the latest technology, and you can build it exactly the way you like it, unless you buy a spec home, of course [that's a home built in anticipation of selling it].

When we built in Jupiter 25 years ago, there were no suitable resales. Therefore, we built new. Believe me, it can be quite a hassle. We had bought resales before that, and it was much less stressful. The feedback we have received from our clients confirms our opinion.

However, if your heart is set on having a brand new home, contact us and we can recommend a good builder. If you prefer a resale, we can find you a lovely place to live.

Our contact info:

Dr. Tony and Adriana Orrico
The Orrico Team FL at Loggerhead Realty
561-707-6188, 561-707-3079
Daniel very good question. My wife will only live in a new house but I have been in the business for over 30 years and Real Estate is location. I would buy a re-sale in a neighborhood I love verses a new home in a area I just like. You can always put in a new kitchen or bath but you can not move the house across town. Your location is your location.
Mr Tompkins, this is Michael vlacich writing you still from Canada.
You painted a picture very well should you buy a new home or older resold home. You buy where you want to live and old saying, Location, location,location
Flag Sun Jul 28, 2013

So much depends on what you are looking for. There are a coupe new home communities in Jupiter worth exploring as well as numerous others in neighboring communities. As you may be aware we have a significant inventory problem with pricing pressure to the upside. The lack of selection has been a huge boost to new home builders as frustrated buyers with few options fill their model home centers every day. You get some great features in new homes, most important is the ability to get impact glass which is a great feature. Please do not go it alone with the builder sales staff as a qualified Realtor costs you nothing and their expertise will be a huge benefit when picking floor plan, lot and upgrades that will make financial sense in the resale market when you get to that point. Also, they use their own contracts and there are typically some significant costs passed on to the buyer that would not be a closing cost on a typical resale contract.

The best thing you can do in today's active market is clearly define your housing objectives and determine what areas will meet your needs. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few months ago. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consultation. I would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to assist you and your family find the perfect Florida home.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
There are good deals on both in the Jupiter area right now. It all depends on what you're looking for.