Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Sa, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is it at all possible to purchase a home listed as Not Sold Separately? I keep running across this disclosure but Im not interested in a package deal.

Asked by Sa, Chicago, IL Mon Oct 28, 2013

Answers

13
You are attracted to one of two things. And neither involve humans.

Either you only want to buy a property that appears to be cheaper than anything else out there.

Or you have a taste for very unique properties, which in Chicago, would entail a mixed use property with an additional two flat and maybe a coach house, all with separate PINs, or a house with a jumbo empty lot next to it, or some multiple property combination that would make for an interesting Branch Davidian compound right here in Chicago.

Being that you are writing into this board, I'm going to say the former.
Mr. Captain,

You are incorrect. I am attracted to the area in which the home is located considering that I am familiar with this particular neighborhood. There are other homes which are in this price range that I am not interested in due to the location so price is definitely not the determining factor for me. Thanks for your response.
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013

Feel free to visit http://evelynfred.jamesonsir.com for current listings and call me or send me a note should you find something you're interested in.

Sites like Trulia and Zillow don't always have the most current listing information. Like the others who have answered I'm a little surprised as i can probably count the number of package deals I've run across on my fingers and I've been a top producing Broker for almost 25 years now, their not common.

You should look around for an experienced Buyer Broker, I've attached a link below on what you should be looking for. After reading it click on the Find an Agent hyperlink in the Green bar that's at the top of every Trulia page and enter the area you're interested in buying in and you will be offered a list of local Realtors who work in that area, check out their profiles and start making some calls. Once you've found someone you think you'd work well with explain to them your parameters adn they can start sending you properties that meet your specific needs.

Good luck and happy house hunting.
Everything is possible, but unlikely. There is a reason that they package all these homes together.
Dear Sa,

If you keep running across this same disclosure but you're not interested in package deals, then it is possible that you might benefit from speaking with a real estate professional who could help you avoid these in the future and identify individual properties that might fit your needs.

--

Christopher Thomas
Broker Associate, Keller Williams Realty Chicago Consulting Group
716 E. 47th St. Chicago, IL 60653
(773) 770-5947 (cell) (312) 577-0985 (fax)
cthomas@kw.com
http://www.myagentchris.kwrealty.com
Yes, this is a bulk sale for investor purchase. I looked up the MLS number. Feel free to reach out to me about what you're looking for. I know a few investors that have many homes similar to this in the area and they are preparing to sell a few over the next couple months. You may be able to get a nice home before it is listed and I'm happy to pass their info along if your criteria meets their current homes in inventory.

312-890-8777
lindsey@lindseyknowschicago.com
They listed like a deal package , thats why its a deal
It clearly states that this home cannot be purchased separately, so unless you can buy all 8, this one isn't going to work. Look for homes that aren't packaged. Better yet, work with an agent who can assist you in this process so you don't waste time pursuing properties that are not available.
The only time I ever see this come up is when there is a parking space or storage space them MUST be sold with the unit, or the seller WILL not see without the unit. I think you are finding the exceptions and not the rule.
You keep running across package deals? I occasionally see package deals, where an investor is trying to sell multiple properties at the same time, but this is pretty unusual. If you see a property you like that is in a package deal, you can ask your agent to contact the listing agent to see if the owner would consider selling the individual property.
This home is a VERY unusual occurrence. The home cannot be sold individually because the owner/investor obtained one mortgage to purchase 8 different properties. The mortgage must be paid off completely before any one home can be sold, so they are attempting to sell them all at once. This is going to be VERY difficult to do. You probably saw this 2-3 times, because those homes are also covered by this same mortgage. If you want me to send you homes that are currently available for purchase, send me an e-mail with your contact information. While Tulia provides a useful service the listings on the MLS are more timely. Nick Radakovich Home Sales Realty nickrxhc@yahoo.com
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
The MLS for the house is: 08471902 (9413 S. Prairie). Basically it is saying it is part of a package of 8 homes. We've seen this maybe 2-3 additional times in our search.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
Thank you. We didn't want to reach out if it was going to be a waste of time but you never know until you ask. Thanks again!
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
It is possible that it is referring to parking. Please give us an example to examine.
Not clear what you are referring to, but in a package deal usually more than one property is involved and if they want to see them together, not much you can do about it. Never heard of a Disclosure for a package.
Maybe disclosure is not the correct term but when looking through some listings, we saw a house and it stated Not Sold Separately in the details. So of course we were a bit confused. Thank you for the response. I will keep looking.
Flag Mon Oct 28, 2013
What do you mean?

If its a package deal, then it must be sold as a package. Although, these are not that popular. I am assuming what you are seeing is not a real listing.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com