Home Buying in Umstead>Question Details

Sgirglani, Home Buyer in North Raleigh, Raleigh...

Is it advisable to buy in Brier Creek given it's breaking in / crime history twice already ? Are the prices falling and big homes are not selling ?

Asked by Sgirglani, North Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Thu May 30, 2013

Want to buy in brier creek - 7200 sq ft home .

Answers

6
Official level of crime in the area: "Lowest".
Every buyer has different a prospective on what is "safe". It's important to do your own due diligence and your buyer's agent will help you compile the data to make the best decision.
Brier creek is an excellent location to purchase. As everyone else mentioned, crime is everywhere unfortunately. You may want to contact the police department for the areas you are looking and compare that way. I will be glad to help with your search from start to close. Ladedras@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.iconrlty.com
Brier Creek is an optimal location, centrally located, close to RTP, Raleigh and Durham. As with any area, there will be crime, but taking proper precautions and knowing your neighbors will always help. Some homes just seem to take a little longer to sell until the right buyer comes through, and typically the buying pool for the more expensive homes is smaller. My contact information is available at http://www.realliving.com/marianne.durham 919-696-1616
I just helped my son and daughter in law purchase a home in the Brier Creek area and they love it !! They have been living there since the beginning of last December and have not mentioned anything to me at all negatively about the area plus love the covenience of near by shopping and dining. Unfortunately crime is something we all have to live with, no matter where you live. Breaking and entering events are becoming more frequent nationally and watching a news clip recently, a lot of this is being attributed to people posting on social networks like FaceBook that they are away& posting pictures from far away places while on vacation etc. You can do a lot to protect yourself. As was already commented on, Brier Creek is a very desirable area and will continue to be so.

If I can be of any assistance to you, please visit my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com to learn more about the area, myself and get my contact information.

Best wishes on your move

Ernie
Brier Creek is a great location and is highly desirable as a place to live. This sought after community has maintained steady prices and continues to show robust sales (resale & new).
As in any community, you will have occasional crime however, Brier Creek is a tight knit community and I would suspect that they (the community) are on top of this issue and seeking quick resolution. The recent issues are not going to impact the home prices or desirability of this community.
Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions - please don't hesitate to contact one of our agents at 919-845-9909.