Kogyaru, Home Buyer in 75022

Is it a good time to buy in Flower Mound Zip Code 75028 right now? Is there much room for bargaining?

Asked by Kogyaru, 75022 Thu Nov 5, 2009

Answers

11
Michael Russell’s answer
There is Always room for bargaining even in a sellers market. This continues to be a buyers market so yes I would say it is a good time to buy in Flower Mound area. The nice thing is there are older fixer uppers all the way up to luxury so you can choose what to pursue. First your buyers agent should prepare comparables so you know where to start your offer. Hint: the listing price isn't a starting point. The list is long but : price, survey, title, home warranty, closing costs, etc. are all things you can negotiate. Best of luck
Kogyaru,

New info for new home buyers in Flower Mound. A client of mine just sold his developed lots (Casa De Rembert) in Flower Mound to TOLL BROTHERS. They are now developing them just south of 75028 zip line south of Bridlewood starting at $400k.

In addition, Casa De Rembert a renowned Custom Home Builder in Flower Mound has 4 Great lots in Gated communities in Flower Mound with homes that he will build for you. As you can see, all of the new custom construction will be taking place in the 75022 zip code. Call me if you're wanting a new custom build in a gated community. (214-315-6753)
Kogyaru,

Flower Mound (75028), and the surrounding communities of Highland Village and Double Oak (75077) attend Flower Mound Marcus High School. This is an Exemplary school, just like Flower Mound High School is. As noted in a previous answer, Marcus is currently constructing a new football stadium, they are also building a new 9th grade school, expected to open in the fall of 2011. A fantastic new shopping center has been completed at the intersection of 2499 and 407, and a new hospital is under construction near 2499 and 1171. The schools in 75028 are every bit as good as in 75022, I have three children in this school system and know it well. I think it's a great place to live, as do many others. "Bargain" is subjective term. If you're looking for properties significantly below market prices, I don't see that here. If you're looking for properties in a great community, with fantastic schools, close to all that DFW has to offer, with real potential for appreciation, then 75028 has to be one of the best in the country. If you need help finding the best deals in Flower Mound, please contact us.

Becky & Dan Harkrider
Coldwell Banker Residential - Flower Mound
214-505-5452
dan.harkrider@cbdfw.com
Kogyaru,
I work and live in Flower Mound 75022 and your question was about 75028 which is the Northern part of Flower Mound and they mostly attend Marcus HS. There is still an active market in 75028, but it seems from my experience that many of the buyers are looking more to 75022 if they have High School aged kids due to Flower Mound HS being highly rated. However, Marcus is getting a new Football Stadium which should create some excitement for next year.
If you are looking at Stone Hill Farms, Grand Homes, or the Newer Homes near Marcus HS, which are all in 75028, the market reports have been good on sales and DOM. If you have anything specific, just email me or call. Also, I have two listings in 75028 at 1421 Spring Ridge(MLS# 11266119) and 1525 Wildflower (MLS# 11313488) which are really great deals. checkout the virtual tours at http://:www.tourfactory.com/569076 or http://www.tourfactory.com/543239
Web Reference: http://www.casac21.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 27, 2009
It's always a smart buy to look for a home in a community that has well reputed schools, lots of amenities, beautiful neighborhoods, and central access to primary amenities like DFW airport and shopping like at The Shops of Highland Village. Interest rates are still low, so getting a home loan - especially if you are getting it for 5-5.5%, is a terrific buy and a smart investment.

There are motivated sellers in all market conditions. Job loss, relocation, divorce, or fear can cause sellers to accept offers they might normally reject. In my opinion, what has happened in the last two years all over DFW seems to be an erosion of shame. Buyers don't seem to fear offending sellers with lowball offers, and some sellers will bargain even further than their agent advises, and for reasons that are possibly only known to themselves. Sales comps do not exist in a vacuum. There is a human element to every negotiation.

Yes - it's a great time to buy in Flower Mound. There are homes in Flower Mound listed right now that are a total deal at full list price. Others obviously have some buffer in the price for negotiations. Whether or not there is room for bargaining on the price of a home can only be determined on a case by case basis. There are too many factors a good Realtor will use to determine if a home is a candidate for some bargaining on price or terms. And, I would venture to say that our ability/willingness to investigate those factors for negotiation are the biggest differences that exist between one agent and the next.

Have a blessed day!
Ronda

Ronda Allen, Realtor and Certified Purchasing Manager
CEO of comingsoonhomes.com
RE/MAX Dallas Suburbs
As stated before me, Flower Mound is a fantastic place buy a home to live. Most of the owner sales are only going down about 2-5% off list price if the agent priced it well. However, there are a few (I mean very few) foreclosures that actually comes ups every once in awhile in Flower Mound and when they do they go fast. I list Foreclosures and short sales and just listed a beautiful single story with a $65k pool in the sought after area of Bakers Branch in Flower Mound. The address was 1316 Tarragon, mls# 11307253.
I've lived in the area for 23 yrs, and have owed 3 homes here myself. There's also some new construction starting.
Flower Mound, and the surrounding communities, is a fantastic place to live. The schools here are great and development continues to grow, with new shopping centers, roads, schools, and a hospital district. We live in Double Oak, a small residential community that refused to be incorporated by the town of Flower Mound. We have three children attending Flower Mound Schools. Home prices are very solid here and the foreclosure activity is minimal. Close to DFW International Airport, we have a diverse population independant of any specific industry. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll do our best to provide quick answers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Flower Mound is an awesome town to live in and is a very desirable town despite one comment to you. Home prices are solid here and projections are that they will stay that way. I will not post a comment on price negotiating flexibility since others have but I will tell you that it is much better to own than to rent at any time. Why pay for someone elses retirement is my thought process.....

Sam Anderson
RE/MAX DFW Associates
3360 Long Prairie Rd
Flower Mound, TX 75022
(C) 214-952-1023
Web Reference: http://www.SamGAnderson.com
Flower Mound is a great place to live. Bargaining....depends on the place and the price. On average homes probably sell within 97% of the list price. Some people price low to get multiple offers...some people price high to allow for bargaining....so it all depends on the property. It can also depend on how beautiful or how ugly the property is. The more beautiful...typically the more buyers and bids you will see....the more ugly....less buyers and bids. It can also depend on your price range. We often see more buyers under $200,000 for example than over a $1,000,000 so at the higher price ranges you may see sellers more willing to negotiate.
Web Reference: http://www.dfwSnapshot.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
The room for bargaining is always on a case by case basis. Flower Mound is definitely a desirable area and depending on the neighborhood and the house you can definitely find a good deal, especially if you are willing to buy a distressed/foreclosed property and put some work into it.

The best thing you can do is work with a Realtor to find what you are looking for. I would be happy to discuss your needs and send you a search of properties. Also as an added incentive I rebate 20% of what I make from the sale back to you after closing.

Thanks for your time
RJ Avery
214-682-0598
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
GREAT MYTH out there when you are in GREAT communities in DFW are there are little room to find the deals.

Keep in mind you receive annual tax benefits, 1st time home buyer $8K, price are actually NOT increased since approx. 2006.

Now there are other areas not as "sought after " as Flower Mound where you could possibly get a better deal.

DFW is fairly stable vs. other areas in country. I would focus on purchasing a home than trying to "shop a deal"

I reside in Coppell area know the Flower Mound very well !

Website you may have interest in :
http://sites.google.com/site/dallasbankforeclosureslistings/…

CONTACT OUR OFFICE TODAY
972-699-9111
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 07’ & 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Website: http://www.lynn911.com 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale