Home Buying in Woodside>Question Details

phunpal, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Is it a good investment to buy a brand new condo on busy queens blvd in woodside,NY?

Asked by phunpal, Queens, NY Thu Jul 21, 2011

Answers

7
I think the condos on Queens Blvd , Woodside are little far from the subway. So if you think about renting its not a great idea. You need to do the math about how much you can rent it for, let me know if you need more information about rentals in the neighborhood, I deal with lots of rentals in Woodside area.
If you would like to live by yourself, then always consider about the inconvenience about the distance to the subway, shopping and the noise of Queens Blvd.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 23, 2012
I wouldn't buy a condo on Queens Blvd. The street noise will affect your enjoyment of the apartment - unless you don't mind it and keep your windows closed. Plus, if you ever decide to sell it the location may make it harder to find a buyer, or get the price you want.
Web Reference: http://www.718forsale.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 18, 2011
Its always a good investment in woodside; close to Manhattan, transportation and shopping. Try to make sure the apartment isn't noisy, or it will hurt resale
To Anna's comment, YES you can predict the future when all rational scenarios are given. Remember these three words "LOCATION", LOCATION & LOCATION".
I just drove by there, saw they were done. Frankly, I'd prefer the car parts store that used to be there. It is near busy QB, busy BQE, a hike from the subway, not near any major food store, Queens mall a real hike away. I agree with Anu.

Unless you like exhaust and noise, I'd stay away.
Homes are not investments, they are a place to live. What floor is the unit on? That will determine the noise you will hear. Will it be comfortable for you?
It's a good investment if it suits your financials, wants, needs, lifestyle and know you'll be happy living there; unfortunately none of us can predict the future.....