Alex Rallis, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Is it a good idea to purchase a condo in Washington Heights west of Broadway on Riverside Dr, or Hudson Heights?

Asked by Alex Rallis, Queens, NY Fri Jun 3, 2011

I have narrowed my neighborhoods down to 2, Astoria and Washington Heights In Manhattan. What would be a better investment for owner/occupancy?

Answers

2
Both are good choices. If the view is on the Hudson in Washington Heights, I'd take it, otherwise I'd go with Astoria. The commute from Astoria to Midtown is like 1/2 the commute from Washington Heights, and it is easier probably to rent it out later in Astoria. Matter of fact, I recently saw a blurb on TV that said that buying in Astoria can be cheaper than renting, which obviously makes Astoria a better deal from the financial pov.

Unless, of course, you got views of the Hudson...
Choose the area that best suits your wants, needs, lifestyle and where you know you'll be happy living...choosing areas shouold really be dictated and based on your personL preferences; keep in mind that opinions oftentimes are subjective, what may be good for one, may not necessarily be the case for another.