Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Ellenhc_2005, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Is is mixed-use house?

Asked by Ellenhc_2005, Brooklyn, NY Mon Apr 29, 2013

Hello, Today while talking to mortgage agent he said the property I'm interested in is mixed-use. The owner in meantime told me it's no any mixed-use so I'm totally confused. Do you have any idea where are the records and what to look for if it is or not commercial use? Also I've heard the down-payment is increased for mixed-use buyers as well as loan % ? Thanks for answering

Answers

2
Look up the buildings records at http://www.NYC.gov/buildings The buildings department is the authority on what the legal use is. If the building is currently occupied in some other fashion it will be difficult to get financing of any kind for it.
Please feel free to call me if you need further help.
Yours,
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
Hi ellenhc_2005 - there is no address here so I cannot check for you. If it has a store or office
on the bottom, then it's a mixed use, in which case the DP and % would be higher. You can check on acris to see what the CFO says. Good luck