Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

tommy.nguon, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Is investing in student housing close to UCF a good business? Looking to purchase condos or single family for that purpose. Please help.

Asked by tommy.nguon, Orlando, FL Sat Dec 29, 2012

Answers

7
I have been helping investors with Condos in the UCF area. Students in Condos does not seem to be a problem but Students in SINGLE FAMILY HOMES can be. Home owners associations and residents get upset when a SINGLE FAMILY home is full of students. why ? Well because they are supposed to be SINGLE FAMILY HOMES. a 3 bedroom Single family home is not designed to accommodate 6 students with 6 cars and 6 girlfriends or boyfriends . Get the picture ? Stick to condos and get less hassle from residents and the HOAs. Call if you would like help from an agent that know what he is doing in Student town :) 407 832 4888
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
What kind of return can one expect from student rentals?
Hi Tommy:

I have had over a dozen clients purchasing homes in UCF area just for investment purposes and it worked out pretty good for them. There is a huge demand over there because students need homes to live.

Having said that, you can send me your specific requirements (such as number of beds/baths, price range, location,...) so I can search the entire MLS and forward all of the options to you.

By the way, if you would also like to conduct your own search from a single source that has the entire inventory of homes for sale in Central Florida, you are more than welcome to use our website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com. This website basically contains the same data base that all the agents use to search for homes. There, you can also set-up "Property Alerts" which automatically sends you an email the minute any property that matches your criteria comes on the market.

Have a fantastic day & I look forward to hearing from you.

Abraham Bidhendi - Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as the TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 165 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com Or abidhendi@ORLANDOPROPERTIESONLINE.COM
Website: http://reosofflorida.mfr.mlxchange.com/ Or http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I'm in agreement with Alan. Be very careful before you put students in single family houses.

In terms of the question in general, it really dpends on your goals. If you are looking for income, then yes it's doubtless a good business. If you are looking for growth, then there are certainly much better investments.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
There are several areas around UCF that do not have a HOA requirement. I am working on a sale of one to an investor right now. Most of them are bank owned or Short Sales. Give me a call or email me and I will be glad to send you list of available properties today.

Marion Thacker
marionthacker@yahoo.com
321-662-7550
Just finished up offers today on 2 single family homes in the UCF corridor for a young man from New York city that wanted to start investing in real estate.

If I can help explain the process or help discover homes investors seek contact me with the information below.

Dave Lowe, real estate broker
davelowe@OrlandoHomeStore.com
407-451-3145
There is no right answer but my opinion is that it would be a great investment. There will always be students and they need housing. University housing prices are limited and prices are going through the roof.i am also a real estate attorney and I do a lot of closings. I am seeing a lot of purchases of properties for student housing around UCF and the pther area colleges. Seems to be the way to go. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

David Dowell
Realtor and Attorney at Law
407-864-2551
David@yourorlandorealty.com