Home Buying in Fremont>Question Details

sachin, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

Is house in Lakes and Birds worth 800K? What should be right offer price?

Asked by sachin, Fremont, CA Tue Jan 8, 2013

http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Fremont/sold/1310410-…

1. Is there any train noise?
2. Are schools good in this area?
3. What interest rate should we expect for 10% down.

Any comparable homes in good school area such as Mission?

Answers

4
Hi Sachin,

Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to add my two cents to the answers that have already been posted. To cover your main question. There have been 3 past sold listings in that area within the last few months. They sold at $776k, $760k, and $645k. The listing that sold the highest was actually on Pheasant Rd. It was pretty much original condition. If you would like more information on these comparables feel free to contact me. You can use these numbers to gauge if YOU believe that $800k offer is a viable offer.

1. Is there any train noise?
If you were to live on the same street that you inquired, then yes, you will be able to hear a train when they pass by. From that distance, you most likely will only be able to feel some light vibrations. This however, is also dependent on how sensitive you are. A couple of train horns here and there will also be heard. I actually live close to this area myself. I do not see or hear trains come through those tracks very often. I may have been stopped at one of those crossings maybe once or twice in the last year.

2. Are schools good in this area?
Yes, the schools are very good in this area. The specific home that you inquired about belongs in the Ardenwood Elementary School district, which had an API score of 975 last year. This is VERY good indeed. The other elementary school that has attendance areas in the Lakes and Birds area is Warwick Elementary which has an API of 891 which is also pretty good. Another good school nearby would be Forest Park, you may want to look for a home in that neighborhood as well.

3. What interest rate should we expect for 10% down?
This was already covered by another broker. This depends from person to person. Depending on your terms, credit scores, etc. You should see a good loan officer/broker that can help you determine the best rate you can get out there in this competitive market. If you need a referral just let me know.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions, but if you would like to know more feel free to contact me. I wish you best of luck in your search.

Andrew Hong
Excel Realty
510-579-8437
http://www.FremontExcelRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
That is a nice home with many upgrades with this home.
I'm sure that home will sell quickly.

As Tina mentioned, depends on you. They will blow their horns on Alvarado Blvd., but you will be able to here them from this neighborhood, as well as others in the north Fremont area.

Schools are good and down payment depends on you and your lender.

Brian
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
Yes, it's worth that much or more. The offer price depends on your offer package.

1. Is there any train noise?

>> This depends on how sensitive you are to any train noise.

2. Are schools good in this area?

>> Yes they are.

>> This depends on the loan terms and your credit scores. It can be anywhere from 2.5% to 6%.

Have you worked with a Realtor?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 8, 2013
Thanks! If house price 800K, combined income is 190K per year, very good credit score and 10% down payment, is it possible to get
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013
Hello, Sachin,

I am not sure what you mean by “comparable homes in good school area such as Mission”. Fremont has other areas that are sought after for their quality schools but none compares with the schools of the Mission San Jose area. All schools in the Mission area – high school, middle school and elementary schools – are highly rated and higher home prices reflect that excellence.
I mean is it possible to get house in 800K price range in mission area? Thanks!
Flag Tue Jan 8, 2013