James Felle, Home Buyer in Manor, TX

Is home value in Manor TX expected to appreciate over the next 5 - 10 years? we are thinking about buying a

Asked by James Felle, Manor, TX Wed Jan 2, 2008

new home in Manor TX 78653 built by DR Horton.

Answers

5
Yes the Manor area will appreciate. As a long time Realtor in the Manor area, I know the appreciation. Although you will get higher appreciation out west be it NW or SW, Manor will go up in value. You get what you pay for. Manor's prices are still excellent in comparison to those on the west side. Manor is very close into Austin and for the money, you cannot beat the price and distance relation.
I have sold to home buyers as well as investors. All have done well when they decided to sell. Listen to a local knowledgeable Realtor for the real low down on each area.
Jackie Burke, Realtor
If your only consideration is flipping the property then please do not consider Manor. We prefer Residents, we have enough speculators. On the other hand, if you want a low blood-pressure life when you are not at work then Manor may be the place for you. Waking up in the morning and walking the dog while listening to the bray of a donkey or watching the Blue Martins dance in the sky is probably good for you. The easy commute to Georgetown and RoundRock cannot be beat. I have to drive thru country lanes all by myself. Austin is more problematic, My wife works on Oltorf and it takes her 25 minutes to get to work.
IF you are thinking of buying a home--- and appreciation is top of mind. There are so many better places to consider.

Of course-- all of Austin Metro area will appreciate -- but there is so much vacant land in that area. If you decide to sell your home in 3 years--- you will certainly be competing with the builder and that doesnt bode well for home values.
I would not count on any data of appreciation if I were you because of speculators. And you must understand that home appreciation is misleading. You should buy a home to live in, and not to make plans to sell later on, or to use it as collateral for credit. I really think that you should rethink the way you see home buying before you buy. Seeing homes in terms of investments and appreciating assets has contributed to the collasp of the market. But what I find ironic is the advice given by the so-called pros and experts that know the bottom has fell from under us and they still give the same old cliche advice that added the weight to the bottom in the first place. That.... I don't understand.

If you like the home, and you are satisfied with the price, which is where I come in, then you should buy.

Khazeem Asadullah
email: info@serapisdebtservices.com
James, have your agent provide you with a market analysis of active and sold homes in that area over the last 2 years. This should give you an idea of the appreciation trend in the area you are considering purchasing in.