Home Buying in Irving>Question Details

Annie Manuja, Home Buyer in Norwood I-80, Sacram...

Is having a townhouse in Valley Ranch Area worth it? How about resale and rentals?

Asked by Annie Manuja, Norwood I-80, Sacramento, CA Thu Jan 24, 2013

My husband and I loved a townhouse in Irving (Valley Ranch Area with Coppell schools). Its a new construction but does seem a bit pricey for a townhouse (upper 200Ks), so not sure if its worth it. Does any one have more feedback on those townhouses or HOA or anything in general??

Our budget is approx 250k and we would like 0-5 years old place in Valley Ranch/Coppell/Lewisville/FlowerMound/Plano75025. Any suggestions for us?

Thank you

Ann

Answers

5
Valley Ranch is a nice area with some great schools.

Is it worth it? Only you can decide this based on many factors....where you will work, if schools are important, how much you want to spend, finish outs, etc.

One concern in Valley Ranch is that there are 10,000 apartments planned for the area around the lake and old power plant. That will create a lot of traffic.

There are alternatives. I live and work in the area, so know it well. You can check out some of ones currently on the market at this link:

http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/propertytype/…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Ann

Valley Ranch is a really good area for ownership and investment. There are very few foreclosures in Valley Ranch and even slightly discounted properties get snatched up very quickly. This is why new construction is priced at a premium. If you are looking for a townhome, specifically, you can find others in pretty much all of the areas that you mentioned.

The best way to approach this situation is to have one of the fine Realtors here on Trulia to send you a list of properties that fit your criteria in each of these areas so you can compare for yourself. This is simple to do and doesn't cost you a dime. When the time is right for you to visit town, we can go look at the properties that you like. The results of the search will provide the most current status, details and photos so you can shop from your desk.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. I specialize in the areas that you mentioned.

Brent Rice, Trulia Top Recommended Broker (Pro & VIP)
The Rice Group, Inc.
Website: http://www.ricegroupinc.com
214-808-3100
Brent@RiceGroupInc.com
Hi Ann,

Wow! That's a broad question. Let me just say that Texas in general is a much different real estate market than California. (My in-laws live in Sacramento and we were there when gas prices skyrocketed in October.)

This area is very desirable and the Coppell school district has maintained a very strong rating among Texas schools. The Dallas/Fort Worth area was one of the first to 'officially' come out of the recession but things here never reached the depths of other states during the past 5 years.

The building has resumed in this immediate area. The Dallas Morning news just reported new home starts were up 50% in the 4th quarter in DFW.

There are several new home developments to consider, but you should consider working with a Realtor as you do your search, especially BEFORE you actively begin seeing homes. It doesn't cost you anything, but the advice and assistance you receive is valuable.

If you would like to talk, please call me at 972-402-4158.

Sincerely, Rob Johnson
RE/MAX DFW Associates
Email: RobJ@RMDFW.COM
Are you currently working with an agent? You need a good buyer's rep to help you with these questions and decisions. I live in that area and am familiar with all of the communities there. Would love to get 5 minutes of your time on the phone to go over what is available to you. Click on my profile to get in touch - Trulia's rules prevent me from telling you my number here. Looking forward to chatting with you Annie.
It is a great idea. I would buy a pre existing less that 6 yeras old. The pre ownedg townhomes are less expensive than new construction. Call me at 214-289-6176 and we can talk in detail.