Home Buying in Corona>Question Details

Steven Chan, Home Buyer in 91745

Is golf house a good investment?

Asked by Steven Chan, 91745 Tue May 22, 2012

I have been wondering this too. I would love to live on a golf course but I'm worried about damage. Has anyone else experienced this? I am also wondering about what would happen to the value of my house if the course closed. Would it drop a lot? http://www.golfinginlasvegas.com/

To answer your question, it depends on what type of investment you are looking for. A house you plan on buying and living in is a great investment. However, if you are looking for a home to purchase and rent out, I am confident that you can find a better roi on a home that doesn't have that view.

If you are looking for a home purely for investment purposes, please give us a call. I have a team in place that strategically isolates properties with the best return for our clients.

Nazar Kalayji
Golf course houses are excellent. One thing to be aware of, though, is that golf balls routinely hit the side of the house & windows on golf courses. Some people are unpleasantly surprised by this fact. Young resident entrepreneurs who discover the value of golf balls to golfers are thrilled :-). Veteren residents often have nets, fences and plexiglass or shatterproof windows.....just a good thing to know up front when selecting the house and location. Also something to consider if you're planning a rental investment.

Corona has several golf courses. Hidden Hills, Retreat, Eagle Glen, Trilogy senior community, Cresta Verde and Mountain View on the west side that went out of business a few years ago. The newer golf course areas are excellent neighborhoods and should bring you pride of ownership and increasing value.
Web Reference: http://CoronasBestHomes.com
You can get your questions answered and some helpful information from the professionals on the following site,
Any other questions, please kindly let me know. Good luck and take care.

C21 Town & Country
How about Vegas, golf course community, short sale, you, me vs. big bad bank, approx. $255-270K, 55+ at Sun City Anthem w/ 2100sqft?

Shoot me an email directly if you'd like to talk to me some more. I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Short Sale Expert - I Can Prove it!
Hi Tsan,

Since I am a Corona / Eastvale area specialist and live in Corona, I can tell you first hand that Golf course communities like Hidden Valley or near the Retreat, hold there value as they are a more prestigous neighborhood. When the market comes back these areas will appreciate quite nicely.
Please feel free to call or email with any other questions, without obligation.

Lydia Kray- Corona / Eastvale Realtor
cell 951-733-1058
Hi Tsan!

First of all, I believe that it is always a good move to buy a home with a view ... because there are only so many views in So Cal and a view adds extra value to any house.

Most views are pastoral or city lights. There are fewer Golf Course views on the market at any given time. You don't have to be a golfer to love such views. They are serene and calming views and, unlike the So Cal canyon-pastoral view ... which is also serene ... a Golf view is always green!

You don't state if you are looking for a Rental investment or if you are buying a home for your own residence. It will add some value in a rental price. But, if you are buying for your own enjoyment, it may add a lot more value in your personal estimation and enhance your lifestyle. The choice then comes from your heart. Golf Course neighborhoods also have a certain special ambiance that other very nice neighborhoods just don't seem to have.

You must always remember that price, condition, location and, in Corona, tax base must always be in sync with the very recent comps to define "a good investment". The final price needs to make sense. And you have to make appraisal.

As you are probably aware, the Corona market is very hot right now ... and therefore, a little difficult to navigate at times. Good houses sell fast and very often have multiple offers! In all price ranges. So, if you have a good one in mind, you probably should not hesitate too long before deciding to make a move or not.

I know the Corona Market very well! Please contact me if I can help you. I am very responsive to Email

Marlene Prescott
Prudential CA Realty
714 283-6643
Hello Tsan,

As long as the numbers make sense then the answer is yes.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Craig Chastain
Next Level Realty