Home Buying in Oklahoma City>Question Details

Marilyn Bald…, Home Buyer in Bonney Lake, WA

Is earthquake insurance required in Oklahoma City due to recent quakes ?My current home owners insurance is expensive at $2400 yr on $200K policy.

Asked by Marilyn Baldwin, Bonney Lake, WA Fri Dec 27, 2013

Answers

6
As mentioned already, it's very affordable here. Just be sure you understand your coverage and what you're getting. The deductibles are typically very high, so it's really only designed for catastrophic-type damage, not for small claims like people tend to use home owners insurance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 30, 2013
Hi Marilyn
It's not required but its very inexpensive. It may be a good idea with the amount of quakes we've had lately. I only pay $60 per year.
Best of luck,
Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Elite Realty
651-9320
Bridgettwelks@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Earthquake insurance in Oklahoma City is a lot less than people think. Of course it depends on the value of your home but I found it to be cheap compared to other insurance.
Earthquake insurance is not required but many are looking into it lately due to new damages showing up in their own homes. Definitely shop around. Good luck.
It is not required, but you have to shop around if you think you need one. Prices varies. May be very expensive.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
Depends on the insurance company.