Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

John Mathew, Home Buyer in 94568

Is dublin, CA good area to buy rental property ?

Asked by John Mathew, 94568 Wed Jan 12, 2011

Hey Guys,

I am looking for broker who can help me with buying a apartment or townhome property in Dublin,CA area which I can pay it off in few years and give it on rent. Is this a good idea ? Is Dublin,CA a good area for this kind of investment.

Please leave your contact if you can help me in buying this kind of property.

John

Answers

3
Dublin has a lot going for it. I can't tell from your post whether you are focusing on cash flow or flipping potential - as an investor, it's important to know what your strategy is. Dublin is a nice central location, which is important to renters who commute to S.F. or the south bay.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help you in any way.

Will Bateson, Broker
Sidewalk Homes, 925-455-0845, will@sidewalkhomes.com
CA$H BACK! when you buy (see sidewalkhomes.com for details)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 12, 2011
John,

Dublin is a wonderful area located at the hub of the San Ramon and Livermore Valleys. Many people can find affordable homes, quality schools and easy access to Not only Oakland and San Fran. via BART the San Jose and the rest of the tech valley. Access to wonderful amenites and other close by towns provides renters and owners fantastic quality of life. As such the real estate is still in high demand there.
Web Reference: http://bob2sell.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 12, 2011
Hey John:

Yes, Dublin are is good for rentals and main driving force is closeness to BART. Based on your down payment I can calculate your cash flow based on expenses and once the property is paid off, you have nice monthly cash coming to you.

You have good understanding of Cash flow. Many buyers/investors just look for appreciation. Looking for just appreciation is pure speculation. However, if you purchase a property with good cash flow (income-expense = profit) then you can own the property for a long term and someone else will pay for it until its paid off or sold. Historically RE has appreciated and if your cash flow investment appreciates that is the real thick cream on the cash flow income. So go back to basics and invest in POSITIVE cash flow properties.

I help my clients with required analysis based on my CCIM candidacy. (Certified Commercial Investment Manager).

Check out foreclosures and preforeclosures on the link below before they come on the market.

Amit Inamdar, Broker, Real Estate and Mortgages
DRE #01355522, NMLS #236574
Own Sweet Home Realty