Home Buying in Westfield>Question Details

Albe, Home Buyer in 07302

Is buying a townhouse (two under one roof) in Westfield, NJ recommended?

Asked by Albe, 07302 Tue Mar 4, 2008

What about the resale perspective in an area, that normally has single family homes?

Answers

5
I highly recommend it, especially if it will be owner occupied. The rates for mortgages on owner occupied are better plus you get great tax write offs. The prices right now on multifamily or townhouses are very reasonable. Good place and good time to start your investment portfolio.
Good Luck
Any further questions feel free to call
Beth Kroncke
Coldwell Banker East Westfied, NJ
908 337-5971
Westfield is a town in demand and fairly stable but be careful of such broad sweeping statements, what section of town is it? Westfield like many other towns has its "Not As" desirable sections too. Either way though, it's a good town for renters especially those commuting to NYC, if the price is right now and within your budget, why not buy it?

Is this a true townhouse or an old Victorian which was converted at some point in time to a duplex or quadplex, I've seen this from time to time is the Westfield market.

--
Victor Kaminski
Owner / Broker Manager
Marivic GMAC Real Estate
2056A Lincoln Hwy. (Rt.27)
Edison, NJ 08817-3330
Office: 732-650-9911 Ext.302
Cellular: 908-884-5757
Toll Free: 1-866-745-GMAC(4622) Ext.302
http://www.MarivicRealty.com
http://www.realrep.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2008
Absolutely! I have been selling homes in Westfield for 18 years, and even in a down market, Westfield resale values have been consistent. There are not many townhomes in Westfield, since the community is dominated by older, more traditional single family homes. This actually makes a townhome a rare commodity, so you will never have too much competition when you decide to sell. I'd say go for it--Westfield is always in demand and a wonderful town to live in--great downtown, close proximity to NYC, and small enough to maintain that "homey" feel.
Hi Albe,

Westfield is a strong market regardless of housing type. Also the demographics and proximity to the train and a vibrant downtown are attractive to singles, so resale value should not be a problem, despite the prevalence of conventional detached housing.

If you have more detailed questions about the specific complex, contact me via my website. Good luck!

-Marc
Web Reference: http://www.marcpaolella.com
Absolutely! Westfield is a strong vibrant community with excellent schools and terrific housing values. Those who buy townhouses often move up to single family homes next (which are pretty expensive for 1st time buyers) and if the townhouse complex is well cared for and the comps on it indicate they have held their value over the past few years, then it would be a very very good investment. If you need a good realtor in that area, I have someone to- notch I could refer you to -- email me and let me know!