Home Buying in Camarillo>Question Details

buyer, Other/Just Looking in California

Is buying a home in Spanish hills good investment?

Asked by buyer, California Wed Jan 19, 2011

I like Spanish hills area but I am also very concerned about traffic in Camarillo.
It feels very inconvenient compare to where I live right now -( Hollywood hills)
I have looked at Calabasas and I noticed that I can buy myself nice home with larger lot in Spanish hills for less money. Do you think Spanish hills home will be a good investment? What is the market condition over there?
Thanks!

Answers

8
Here's the updated Market Snapshot for the Spanish Hills area of Camarillo CA. I am happy to set you up to receive your own personal snapshot, so you can research and gauge the local real estate marketplace.
Thank you so much for the info.
Sounds like a nice place to live.
Hello again, Buyer....

I thought maybe you'd be interested in taking a quick 10 minute drive with us through Camarillo's Spanish Hills. Stay seated, please, as we begin our tour:
If you are worried about convenience and traffic for traveling back into LA then yes living in Spanish Hills will add to that headache. You are further away and the 101 certainly has traffic. The thing is there are enough other benefits it may be worth it, especially if you don't go into the city everyday. Others have made good comments already about what a nice area Spanish Hills is and the way it has handled the market. The weather is definitely cooler here in Camarillo than in Calabasas or anywhere else in the valley.

As far as being a good investment understand that Spanish Hills holds its values really well. That means more stability but it also means you are less likely to get a great "deal" when buying. There is a give and take. I hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you want to talk more.
I reside in Spanish Hills and I would truly live no where else. I take Avenida de Aprisa every day and
still look forward to it. Unlike other areas in Southern California, there has not been a decline in Real
Estate values even in the short term, this unique piece of sheer paradise on earth has maintained
and sometimes prospered during the real estate correction.

It is truly one of God's finest creations and good planning on the part of County and City Government.

I have also seen Calabasas real estate and the first thing that comes to mind is the hotter temperatures
that you will reside in if you choose Calabasas, the ocean breezes in the Hills in Camarillo are truly
blissful to say the least.

Happy Househunting.
The Spanish Hills area is truly one of the premier areas of Camarillo where you will
find some spectacular high end luxury estate homes.
The majority of homes there are all on large premium lots, many with wonderful
views all the way to the ocean.
You can't beat the weather there which features cool ocean breezes coming in from
the coast.
Enjoy the good life at Spanish Hills Country Club situated right in the heart of Spanish
Hills.
Yes, you will find more value there compared to the Calabasas Area.
My real estate company, Best In Show Estate Properties, is located right down the street
from Spanish Hills and I know the area very well.
Please join me for lunch at Spanish Hills Country Club.
I would love to take you on a tour of the area and show you some wonderful homes.
Please contact me so we can arrange a meeting.
Bill Marshall
Broker/Owner
Best In Show Estate Properties
(805)320-2186
E/Mail: realtorbillmarshall@gmail.com
Hello buyer,

As a local resident, I believe you'll find out that traffic counts (from online research stats from CalTrans, CHP and City Gov't sources) are substantially lower in Camarillo, than in the easterly cities in the Conejo Valley and for sure in Calabasas. The closer you live to major employment, the higher the home prices and the more traffic you'll have. Spanish Hills is known for larger lot sizes, "old money" and well-manicured lawns. Typically, the homes have swimming pools and the vast majority are single-story. Spanish Hills Golf Course and Spanish Hills Country Club are world renowned. I have attached a Market Snapshot for Spanish Hills exclusively. This report provides this week's housing market statistics and trends to help you better gauge market conditions. Spanish Hills homeowners enjoy Ocean breezes and quick access to both the 118 and 101 freeways. Good luck in you research!
Spanish Hills is ome of the most desirable areas in Camarillo. I think that this will be an excellent investment and I think you will be very happy in this area. It is hard probably to gauge value for an area far away from your own for sure. Ventura county offers excellent resources and, in my opinion, a better, simpler lifestyle than the valley and greater LA area. The weather in Camarillo is so much more comfortable than Calabasas too. Many homeowners rarely turn on their air conditioning in the Summer.

There is a lifestyle choice to consider. If you will be fully making the transition to living in Ventura County, you will probably find it to be very enjoyable but if you will still be
Web Reference: http://Www.ConejoLiving.com