Jowics159, Home Buyer in Franklin Lakes, NJ

Is being near Route 287 in Franklin lakes considered a "undesirable" location?

Asked by Jowics159, Franklin Lakes, NJ Thu Apr 18, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3114241629-1002-Crystal-Lake-…

Answers

9
I've lived in Franklin Lakes for 30 years and I can tell you I know this area very well. This is a lovely home with a really warm and charming kitchen! Although, Rte. 287 is a major highway, this home is located many properties away. There is a sound barrier at that part of Rte. 287. You may hear the highway now and then but Franklin Lakes has a blue ribbon school district and is a great place to live!
I live about a half mile from the Rte 208/Rte 287 interchange and can only hear the highways if the wind is blowing in the right direction. Doesn't affect the value of my home at all.

Most importantly, this a great price to have a Franklin Lakes address! If you would like some more tips on purchasing this property, I'd be happy to help you out. I'm a Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE) and, always get the best deal for my customers. Feel free to call if you need me.

Good Luck with your home search!
Lynne Bigica, CNE, e-Pro, ASP, SRES
McBride Agency Realtors
834 Franklin Lake Rd.
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Cell- 201-805-9282 (call or text)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
Much depends on how close - can you see it? Can you hear it? And yes, Laquita is right, much depends on your own preference. What I counsel my buyers is this ---- anything that causes you pause will have a similar effect on future buyers when the time comes to sell.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
That may be a personal preference. Have you visited this home? Did the noise from 287 bother you?
What may be undesirable to one may not be to another.

Best with purchasing a new home!

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095
Well said Lynn Bigica! Well Said!

Dianna Ivanov
Keller Williams Village Square
257 East Ridgewood ,NJ 07450
201-895-1768
Just saw the property in question, I know it well & I see it's listed. Yes it's very close to the highway however it's not the end if the world you have options.
Discsuss it with your agent they should be able to give you an accurate $ value that I'll be effected by the location & proximity to Rt 287.
Good Luck
Dianna
I live & work here in Franklin Lakes and yes it can be considered undesirable however it's a very unique & special area of Northern NJ and its very possible it will have little effect. It depends on the street, property details , how close it is or is not to rt287. I live on a beautiful street w a river, lake & waterfall in my back yard. I'm looking at the breathtaking Ramapo Mountains as I write this and there's a Rt 287 barrier wall at the end of my street. It effects nothing in my life and or property value.

I'd be happy to discuss this further & help you determine the pissible effects and $ value.
Best of luck,
Dianna
Keller Williams Village Square
201-895-1768
In general, for a Franklin lakes property
Hi Jowics,
Please call and I'd be happy to discuss your question with you.
Chris Gubb
Keller Williams Village Square
201-362-6344
In general, or a specific home?