Home Buying in Brooklyn Park>Question Details

Lethanne, Home Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN

Is anyone familiar with the Gerards Manor neighborhood in Brooklyn Park? We are looking at purchasing a home

Asked by Lethanne, Brooklyn Park, MN Sun Mar 1, 2009

there but concerned about schools, and resale due to the location being in Brooklyn Park versus Maple Grove. Thoughts?

Answers

1
I cannot comment on the schools as I don't know them personally but I can comment on the area in general and resale value. This area has great access to shopping, parks and freeways and is an easy commute downtown so I think it is very appealing from that standpoint. The house prices have deflated heavily with all the foreclosures in recent years and as such, many of the newer homes up there are selling for well under the cost to build them, which makes for a good buy. In comparison, Maple Grove has not seen prices come down nearly as much in the last few years.

If you are comparing to Maple Grove, expect to pay $50k+ more for comparable. When I know someone who goues up and sees the new construction in Brooklyn Park for the first time they come back very pleasantly surprised. Resale will be tough for the next couple years until the foreclosures all clear out of the system but once that happens you're likely to own a home that has more value than what you paid.