Gina Marquez, Home Seller in 08882

Is a realtor able to show a new home within a new development that has a management company selling homes?

Asked by Gina Marquez, 08882 Fri May 10, 2013

Answers

9
Absolutely. Your Realtor/Buyer Broker should confirm with the onsite company that they are offering compensation to buyer brokers, if not you would be responsible for seeing that they get compensated per you're buyer broker agreement. If the onsite people refuse to ay a commission then my advice is forget about them, as they've clearly indicated their unscrupulous and cannot be trusted. If you work with them directly you do so at your own risk regardless of anything they might say. They are there representing the builder/developers interest and not a buyers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 11, 2013
Currently all builders recognize that buyers have a right to representation by an agent, and most welcome buyer's agents.
A Realtor who represents your interests exclusively can help you in every step if the process. She can visit new home communities with you and help you obtain information to select the community right for you. She is not a "salesperson" but an advisor at this time. A buyer's agent can help you locate a custom builder and land, if you decide a community with restrictions is not for you.
She can help you negotiate the sales contract and explore whether it might be beneficial to use your own lender and attorney, rather than the developer's people.
She accompanies you to inspections and recommends qualified independent home inspectors to make sure construction is done correctly and up to code.
She can help you resolve last minute problems or disputes that arise.
She reviews settlement statement and attends final walk through and closing.
When interviewing agents, be sure to ask if they are certified in New Home Construction and certified GREEN.
Hi Gina,
A Realtor most definitely can show you new construction no matter who is selling it. It is to your advantage to have a buyer agent representing you. The agent that is on site is the seller's agent and will be looking out for the seller. A buyer’s agent does not cost you anything and you can benefit from their expert advice. I am an Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) and a Certified Negotiator Specialist (CNS) and love to negotiate on behalf of my clients. Go to http://www.livingincary.com for all your home searches and be sure to sign up for the "Market Insider" which will give you comprehensive demographic information of any neighborhood or zip code you are interested in. Call me for more information and I look forward to helping you in your home search.

Azita Wilson, Broker
919-656-1439
Email:azitaw@livingincary.com
Web Reference: http://www.livingincary.com
Hi Gina;

Yes you should use a buyer’s agent for showing and representation for the purchase of a new home. I have helped half a dozen buyers in the last 2 years buy new construction, get exactly what they wanted, helped resolve issues that come up during the building process and helped them save money on their purchases.

I would be honored to assist you and your family find the perfect home. Please give me a call.

Jim Bartlett - Cary Home Seller
jim@caryhomeseller.com
919-961-1238
Hello Ms. Marquez

Welcome to the Triangle Area of North Carolina!

All new construction and re-sale homes have representation, by either a paid representative for the builder or a licensed real estate agent for re-sale homes. You as a buyer do not have any representation, it is in your best interest to have a Realtor on your side. Buying a home in North Carolina you have a right to have Buyer's Agent Representation.

I have been helping buyers find homes and communities that meet their wants, needs and budget for more than 20 years. I welcome the opportunity to work with you.

Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Merry Ann Cutler
RE/MAX United
919-661-9271
MerryAnn@MerryAnn.com
http://www.MerryAnn.com
Yes! You should use a buyers agent when buying new construction. In the Triangle Area of NC builders welcome agents who bring clients and generally pay a half % less commission than resale homes although there are often incentives that help with the difference.

It is important to have your buyers agent before visiting the property because the builder is paying for the agent to bring the customer, not because you want representation. Sometimes if you have already been to a site and registered without an agent the builder will go ahead and pay a commission to your buyers agent because they value the agents relationship and want future business. I would have your agent ask about this because the builder rep may just tell you no.

You do need to research your agent. You don’t want someone who brings you to the site and then just shows up at closing to pick up a check.

Now for the reasons you really need representation. There are so many I’m not sure where to start. I could write a book about this but here are a few reasons:
read more http://chapelhillneighborhoods.com/new-construction/buyers-agent/
Gina,
Yes, a realtor can and should show you new construction homes. The site agent is representing the seller and it is in your best interest to have your own
Buyer's Agent to represent you and your best interests. I would love the opportunity to meet with you and show you some homes. My information is below.
Liz Fortunato
Keller Williams Cary
HomeSellerCary@gmail.com
ph. 919.830.1115
http://lizfortunato.kwrealty.com
"The referral of your friends and family is the greatest compliment you can give me"
Yes
I work in new home communities all the time, I would not recomend buying any home without the assistance of a Realtor. We work for you not the builder and are making sure your best interest is protected.
Michael
Gina,

Yes. Most builders have on sight agents but they work as sellers agents for the builder and are more than happy to work with general brokers working as a designated buyer's agent.

I'd be happy to answer more questions and explain more about the home buying process. Check out my profile and recommendations and give me a call or shoot me an email. I always available for my clients!

John Davison