Home Buying in McLean>Question Details

Neelam G, Home Buyer in Michigan

Is a realistic to find a good SFH (4bd, 3 b.5 bath) for around 750k in vienna, mclean or fallschurch area with top schools. Has to be 2000 built home

Asked by Neelam G, Michigan Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

18
To all buyers coming into the area, The above Vienna, McLean, Falls Church areas for SFH/750k and the specific criteria needed, does not exist in those zipcodes. 2000 yr built, non-existent. What about a Townhome, Arlington, 22201 3 level/3 baths. Feel free to contact me to review the zipcodes you are focused on. These are sought areas which have drove the prices upward. Metro, common denominator, not to mention the quaint small communities that are attractive. Welcome to Virginia.
Hi Neelam,
This is Neelima. I am currently looking at all the homes in Vienna, Mclean and Falls Church as well as Northern Arlington for the same price range for a friend and I can look for you too. Are you still looking or have you found something and moved here? My email is neemajnene@gmail.com if you would like to send me your response either way.

Neema
Good Evening Neelam.
Chris & Shris Dudley
Long & Foster, Realtors
Licensed in DC, MD & VA
Office #: (703) 556-8600
Office Address: 8227 Old Courthouse Road, Tysons Corner, VA 22182
---
Chris Cell: (202) 297-3047
Email: chrisdudley@longandfoster.com
Shris Cell: (301) 655-1521
Email: shristhi.dudley@longandfoster.com
--
http://www.dudleyrealtor.com

Shristhi and I wanted to follow up with your initial request in September. Did you start working with a realtor, or are you still in the "looking" stage?

We'd be happy to help you with your search, or if you have any real estate questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Chris
Yes, that is realistic in Falls Church or Vienna. It may be a bit harder to find that price in McLean, especially in a newer home. You might also consider north Arlington if you're willing to accept an older home and do some renovations.
I was just posed that question by a family moving out of the area for a 2-year assignment in Australia. Should we buy now? Can we find a home in Vienna under $650k? I helped them find a wonderful home in Vienna for $585k! They realized prices are rising, so they took advantage of the low interest rates and purchased the home as an investment (that I will rent out for them), and now have a home in which they can live when they return. Call me! I'd be delighted to assist you! Best -- joan (703.919.7761)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Absolutely, and very beautiful home! just contact me :)
Let me know if I can help further.
Hello Neelam,

My Office is with Keller Williams in McLean, VA.
One of the better sought after schools is the Langley High School which is in Great
Falls, next door to McLean.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/virginia
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/virginia/d…

Thomas Jefferson HS is also a very good school but you have to take tests to be accepted and I believe they only take students from Fairfax and Loudoun Counties. The buses come to the nearest HS to pick up the students, etc.

Langley HS on the other hand is a more upper class school, due to the area - more larger homes, more professionals and business people.

Can you find a good SFH for 750K - it would depend on the age and size of the property.
http://matrix.mris.com/Matrix/Public/EmailReport.aspx?ID=304…

Let me know if I can help further.

Sony Kim
Associate Broker
Keller Williams
6820 Elm St
McLean, VA 22101
703 244 3997
sony_kim@msn.com
Thanks. What price range will fetch us newer homes in these neighborhood ? We need something built 2000 and newer... Please advise.
Flag Fri Sep 7, 2012
Hello

It is realistic, there are several options and I specialize in homes in those areas. Please let me know how I can help you.

Janice Young-Peele
Please contact me at 703-625-6731 if you have not found an agent to help y
Neelam,

Depends on what you think is "good"! Many homes are better maintained and or updated to a better standard than a 2000 built home. You should also perhaps consider Oakton..

If you want an experienced agent to represent you in your purchase feel free to contact me. I have been doing business here in N. VA for 25 years.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf,ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRE
Re/Max Distinctive
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
Hi, Neelam,

If you are searching for highly sought after schools, the short answer is no, unless you are willing to put up with unreedemable defects, such as being close to a really busy highway.

You didn't mention your commute requirements. If you can tolerate being a bit further out, then the Woodson High School area is highly sought after for its schools and the fact that Little River Turnpike, also known as Route 236, is relatively uncongested during rush hours.

Also, you didn't mention how important the site plan of the house is to you. If that is important to you, then you might want to take a look at renovated/expanded homes in the Truro subdivision and surrounding areas, which,over the years, have won Washington Post awards for livability.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions, Neelam.
Hi

It is a real possibility. Many neighborhoods in these areas have developed since 2000. Please feel free to reach out to me with more specific details of what you are looking for and I would be happy to help you find the right home.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
202.285.9479
my contact info is 571-233-0581 Miguel@MiguelAvila.com and website http://www.MiguelAvila.com
Neelam,

It is realistic and I would love to work with you on finding what you're looking for. Call me when you have a chance so you can tell me more about what you're looking for. I'd also like to tell you a little about my business and how my services can greatly benefit you. From there we can begin finding that specific type of house you desire. I hope to hear from you soon!

John Ginty
Keller Williams Capital Properties Fairfax
10300 Eaton Place, Suite 120
Fairfax, VA 22030
JohnGinty@kw.com
http://www.JohnGintyRealEstate.com
http://www.Facebook.com/JohnGintyRealEstate
There are three homes that meet your price, age, bedroom and bath criteria. Contact me to help you.
I think it is possible to find a nice, well built home, that has been updated in Vienna for $750,000 but not necessarily built within the past 12 years. In fact I just listed and sold one. Often some of the older homes, that have been beautifully maintained are superior to newer construction. Please feel free to contact me for assistance in your search.

Alison Sherman
Keller Williams
Alisonsherman57@gmail.com
Thanks. Can you email me some of the listings you mention ? neelamginiwala@yahoo.com
Flag Fri Sep 7, 2012
Dear Neelam:

It's not unrealistic to find a nice SFH in that price range. First of all you may want to get in touch with an experience and knowledgeable Realtor® who can listen to exactly what your needs and wants are and then guide you with the buying process in order to help you find your dream home.

Below is the link to some properties available in the cities you have requested. Please note: this is just a general search, once your Realtor® understands what really matters to you he or she can customize your search.

Click the following URL to see the listings:
http://mrislistings.mris.com/DE.asp?k=2865417X4SGF&p=DE-…

Me and my team have helped many buyers with their home search and would love to assist you as well. We work hard each day and put our efforts to make our clients' dreams a reality and that's why our slogan says: "Giving Your Dreams An Address".

Please feel free to call/ email me directly with all of your real estate questions and concerns and I will be more than happy to be of service!!

Faiza Alvi - Realtor®
Prince William Realty, Inc.
703-389-7973 (Direct)
703-580-9995 (Fax)
http://www.house2homeva.com
MILLION DOLLAR CLUB - PWAR 2011

I believe:
Real Estate is about building relationships
& serving clients with honesty, integrity & passion.