Home Buying in Chattanooga>Question Details

Bigs, Home Buyer in Chattanooga, TN

Is a one page offer to purchase agreement real even if its not noterized?

Asked by Bigs, Chattanooga, TN Tue Dec 21, 2010

I have a offer to purchase agreement on the moble home im in, Its not noterzied and the taxes on the moble home is not in my name but im haveing to pay them.

Answers

4
There are a lot of "ifs" here. Primarily, a one page agreement to buy real estate can be binding without notarization if the parties & land are properly identified with a time limit to complete the purchase. The big question would be what are you buying? If the mobile home alone, that is more like a title transfer on a car. If there is land with the home on a permanent foundation (therefore an improvement), then you need a valid real estate purchase contract. I hope your situation is the latter - as you are unrepresented, I would run it by an attorney familiar with real estate. Best wishes to you for a favorable outcome!
An offer to purchase does not always have to be notarized, but check if you have a specific state law i dont know abbout, your best bet is to have someone representing you whether it be a buyer broker or an attorney that assist you with buying. As far as the taxes, you would only pay what you own, if you are renting or it is a park, then you pay what you agree to pay when you sign the rental agreement, lot lease or park rental agreement.
It's really in your best interest to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, and have the document reviewed.
That's definitely a question for a real estate attorney. A one page contract can be valid, it's all going to depend on what's contained in that one page.
Web Reference: http://www.JuliaOdom.com