Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

Sona, Home Buyer in Torrance, CA

Is a one bedroom condo a good investment in Torrance? What area? Desperate to buy a reasonably priced condo.

Asked by Sona, Torrance, CA Sat Feb 2, 2013

Answers

10
Tony Warfield’s answer
Hi Sona,
I agree with several of the comments below that if you can afford a 2 bed, it is better than a 1 bedroom as far as value goes. But if your budget only allows you to purchase a 1 bed condo as an investment, good for you. I specialize in the Torrance area and recently helped a couple of buyers purchase 1 bed condos in Torrance.

Please contact me and we can get started right now in finding something you can afford.

Tony Warfield
Associate Broker
3 Leaf Realty
310-634-9432
Tony@3Leafrealty.com
An investment in Real Estate at this time is a good investment. Do you have an Agent working with you to make sure the price is right?
I would recommend you try to purchase a two bedroom. This would have a better resale value.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 3, 2013
Not really. When it comes time for you to sell it, there is far less demand for a 1 bedroom than larger units.Also, the greater the demand, the higher the value goes. If you decide to rent it out, your investment is more maximized the more bedrooms you get. Torrance is a very nice city. You can't go wrong buying in Torrance, but I would suggest you buy larger than a 1 bedroom condo. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 3, 2013
Buyers have to purchase where they can afford. Buyers considering, "good investment" means will property appreciate. Appreciation factors area location is everything. When considering a 1 bedroom condominium there is more value in 2-3 bedroom condominiums. Torrance like all cities has it good neighborhoods and marginal areas. Look to get the biggest bang for your buck. If possible consider a 2 bedroom newer complex. When considering areas have to do a little leg work. Drive area and if feel comfortable walk area. Visit coffee shop, market and etc. Crime rates effect the neighborhood's housing values. Visit L.A. Times Crime Rates:

http://crime.latimes.com/

Hope information was helpful!
Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
Dear Sona,

A two bedroom would be easier to sell down the road, but if a one bedroom fits your budget then that is the way to go.
Torrance is reasonable so depending upon what you can afford, you should be able to find condo there. Look around the Del Amo area.
Hi Sona,

Real estate is always a great investment, especially in Los Angeles where demand is high. A one bedroom condo can definitely be a good investment, but a two bedroom condo is often a better investment, depending on your budget.

Either way, I would be happy to compile a list of potential properties for you to view via email at no cost to you!

Please feel free to contact me at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com at anytime with your contact info and property requirements or with any questions regarding real estate.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
DRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.JamieTian.com
Are you working with an Agent? let me help you. How long have you been looking?
Hi Sona, Torrance is a great city, and the prices are rising!! A two bedroom is always better then a one bedroom condo for resale...

Madelaine Kolisnyk
310.869.1712
Check out my buyers menu at http://www.madelainek.com
Search real time lisings...see something you like let's go see it!!!
Hi Sona, Is this purchase for yourself or investment? For value purposes always best to get at least a 2 bedroom. Torrance has a lot of great pockets but generally speaking I would just find a place that is far from the oil refinery.
Hello...
Always a good idea to invest in real estate, Feel free to contact me and Ill be happy to help you with what you are looking for.

Real Estate Agent
Lola Joyner
818.813.4254