Ruth, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Is 75189 a good place to raise a family? How are the schools?

Asked by Ruth, Dallas, TX Wed Oct 7, 2009

Answers

5
It's a wonderful place to live, the Royse City schools are good. But a large area of 75189 zip code is in the Rockwall ISD which is outstanding. Rockwall/Heath High School is a very desired school to attend. Even though we have a Royse City address we are technically 7 miles south of Royse City. It is good quite country living.
Yes,It is a good place to live if your concerned about the schools there is an option of private schools,You should allways check with the school district to find out more about what they have to offer..
You might want to check the location of different properties within the 75189 zip code. We have that as a mailing address, but are actually in the Rockwall school district! which has outstanding ratings. We moved here two years ago with a job transfer and have thoroughly enjoyed the surrounding communities of Rockwall, Heath, Royse City, Terrell, and Forney. We shop in all of them, but since the new Costco opened up 10 min. away, that is where we head most days. We are more country people, so found a home in an estate neighborhood backing onto conservation land. We're sorry to leave Texas, but husband's job took him back east. Here's the link to our place:
http://www.trulia.com/property/1048660657-175-Blackhawk-Ln-R…
We love being able to walk, ride bikes, and enjoy our privacy all just 15 minutes from downtown Rockwall. It's quick and easy to go to Mesquite and Dallas on either I-20 or 30. We chose this specific community for the roll to the land, old oak trees, mesquite, community lake park, and the huge pole-fenced yard my kids play baseball on. There are many families with all ages of children in our neighborhood, and we enjoy the Rockwall county 4-H activities. We are 12 minutes from the fantastic new Rockwall library down newly finished 205, and we couldn't feel more comfortable in our community.
If you're a fan of country living, Royse City is a good choice. It is convenient to I-30 and TX-66 for getting to the city or shopping. Prices in the area are not high, making it a popular choice with my customers. They also like Fate and nearby areas, like Nevada.

The school district is not particularly well known or breaking any records, but it is a good system and recently they have been improving facilities as well as curriculum.

The "town" is really a country setting with small shops along main street and travelers' stops out at I-30, like gas and fast food. Most lots are larger than you would find more well-known towns like Plano, but builders have taken root and put up some nice communities with very reasonable pricing.

If you'd like to know more, just drop me a line through my profile.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
Hi Ruth,

Royse City is a beautiful city that is up and coming! School district is good. The elementart schools are either "Exemplary" or "Recognized" and middle/high school is "Academically Acceptable." Smaller school districts tend to have low student/teacher ratios. Again it's all based on the buyer's preference.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you. I specialize in the sales of brand new homes in the DFW area!

I hope to hear from you soon!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika Turner,
Buyer's Agent - New Home Specialist
Cell: (972) 697-1178
Fax: (682) 222-1049
Email: Info@NewHomesInDFW.net
"Specializing in the Sale of Brand New Homes in DFW!"