Mks, Home Buyer in Clarendon Hills, IL

Is a 50 foot lot with a house in Clarendon Hills desirable or is it too narrow? I don't want to make a long term mistake.

Asked by Mks, Clarendon Hills, IL Wed Feb 10, 2010

Answers

3
I know this is an old question but I feel this additional information may be helpful to someone searching for this topic.

While a 50ft wide lot is not too narrow for a builder, note that most lots in Clarendon Hills are 60ft wide....so 50ft lot frontage is actually narrow for the town, though it is not too narrow to build a new home (depending on what size home you are interested in building).
Many lots in Clarendon Hills and surrounding Western Suburbs are 50' wide. Of course wider lots are attractive, however, whether you plan to stay in the existing home or build, it is not a mistake. If your preference is new construction, I work with an amazing builder who has perfected the design-build process for homes that fit well on this lot requirement. How deep is the property?
Check what the other lot sizes are in the area. Many of the surrounding lot sizes in the near by towns average 50 ft. frontage. Also, compare the depth of the lot as well. Builders look for at least a 50 ft. frontage. 60 ft. gives them room to build a 3 car garage but 50 ft. is still buildable.