Question Details

Martony40, Home Buyer in Perris, CA

Is a credit score of 644 high enough to purchase a home?

Asked by Martony40, Perris, CA Fri Nov 22, 2013

Your scores are still acceptable! The lowest credit scores lenders like myself are able to do, is a score of 580. So us lenders would be able to give you a loan if your other finances are in place. It's also important to understand that you're ability to obtain a loan relies on other factors as well. These factors include income, expenses, assets, liabilities, debt, employment, down payment, as well as credit scores. Either way, I suggest you speak with a California lender like myself who would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887
A good friend of mine works at The Lenders Network, they actually specialize in lower credit score loans. I think 580 is the lowest score they can get borrowers approved at. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
We have loan programs that go below 600. Let's discuss your loan scenario in more detail.Contact me at 800 315 8803. My name is Bart and I have been in the mortgage business since 1987. I am happy to answer your mortgage questions, 7 days a week and review your loan scenario.

Until then, I look forward to hearing from you.

Bart Gabe - 800 315 8803

NMLS# 20743 - my licensing information - link to look up my license number
Yes. Barely.

Still, there are other factors that will be weighed. Your debt to income ratios are the two biggies.

Check with a good mortgage broker or loan officer for more information.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
It could be. The best thing to do is contact a loan officer. They will pull your credit and run it against their criteria for the available loans they have. They will also be able to tell you what you could qualify for.