Home Buying in Williamsburg>Question Details

Christian Oc…, Home Buyer in 11223

Is Williamsburg an up and coming neighborhood?--i want to buy a condo.

Asked by Christian Oconnor, 11223 Sun Mar 16, 2008

Hi Christian,

Williamsburg is beyond up and coming and has already arrived. It's a great neighborhood, but some sections are very pricey. Are you looking for an up and coming neighborhood in Brooklyn? If so, have a look at the Trulia profiles for these neighborhoods: Crown Heights, Red Hook, Bed-Stuy, Sunset Park, Bushwick, or Greenwood Heights.

Web Reference: http://www.FromTheStoop.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008
Williamsburg has arrived. I just signed contract for condo in bburg [i.e. billyburg i.e. williamsburg]. I am leaving the east village, a neighborhood i loved until last 10 years. i love williamsburg. The area can be a bit pricey compared to rest of brooklyn, but it's what i wanted & could afford. Many great real estate websites. i think recent sq ft prices are around $650 in bburg, thats what i paid [notice- on new construction it seems they list sq feet for the raw space. measure wall to wall & it seems much less than advertised.. everywhere. they include closets, bathroom, counters, walls it seems]. Plenty of new construction condos, many that went bust around 2008 it seems, but may be finished in next 2 years so if you buy, don't expect value to rise any time soon- there is a backlog of units that will come to market as soon as buyers come around for them, keeping prices down i'd say. But that benefits you buying now. don't wait too long. good luck
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can come and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Property is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information. We welcome this questions because it allows us to do research for you and ourselves which we can share with others.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.
Christian, Did you see the agent referrals that I and others here provided you? You have many very important buyer questions which are best answered by a top Brooklyn-based Realtor. GerryV 631.339.7392