Home Buying in New Rochelle>Question Details

Bo Kwok, Home Buyer in New Rochelle, NY

Is Trump Plaza New Rochelle a good buy as an investment property ?

Asked by Bo Kwok, New Rochelle, NY Sun Sep 30, 2007

Answers

11
John Oliveri’s answer
This is an update for those who stumble upon this now dated question. Here are some things that those who are interested in Trump Plaza New Rochelle should be aware of...1) Prices are now down approximately 45% from their original asking prices! 2) The overall market has not dropped this amount, so today's Trump Plaza prices are/have adjusted to today's market. 3) I'm THE MOST ACTIVE & SUCCESSFUL REALTOR in all of Westchester when it comes to buying, selling or leasing Trump Plaza New Rochelle units. I invite anyone who is interested in taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities that are currently available in the complex to contact me.
Web Reference: http://tpblog.joliveri.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 3, 2011
Each individual situation determines whether a specific investment makes sense. I feel like this is only a good investment for you if you are looking at it from a long term capital gain. With recent price reductions, the apartments are starting to make sense for all off the amenities Trump Plaza offers.

With that being said, there are so many great deals on the open market. I personally beleive that from a passive income and capital gain income perspective their are so many more profitable investments available.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 24, 2010
I'm not sold on the revitalization of New Rochelle. The economy and the housing bubble fueled the white plains growth and while they've done great work downtown, its still mediocre in a lot of areas and the schools are average at best. New Rochelle is much worse the white plains although being near the water is really nice. If you're looking for a long term investment, sure, but if the housing slump drags the economy down the reclamation areas are the first to go back to being bad. Its not a risk I'd take personally and it will be many years before the schools change which are now lousy at best.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2007
It really depends on what your goals are and how much you would be able to purchase the unit for. You should also look into the financial stability of the building itself when making a decision.
I would not recommend this to anyone. I am currently a resident in the building which is supposed to be a non smoking building and I have been complaining about my neighbor across the hall in a sponsor unit smoking for almost 9 months and still nothing has been done about it. I was told 6 months ago that she would be evicted but I guess they are more concerned about getting their rent each month.....
Trump Plaza New Rochelle is a great investment and also a great place to live. A full service luxury building in Westchester is not common, as I am sure you know. Plus, you are so close to the city and the train station is right across the street. It is a combination of city living, luxury, and convenience all wrapped up in one. Anyway who can swing it should go for it. Don't miss the chance to get in to this building.
I would have to say first and for most any investment in a Trump development is truly an investment. One thing I do have to say is that with any revitalization it takes time. If you are looking for something that is going to go up in value quick that is not the area. My office is located only a few blocks from Trump Plaza and talk about bring that area up is great, the question is will other dvelopers follow.
For accurate information regarding the New Rochelle public schools or any town in Westchester, Putnam or Dutchess county, please visit our website http://www.houlihanlawrence.com
New Rochelle high school has a planetarium inside and we feature award winning elementary schools. I am proud to work and live in New Rochelle.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 21, 2007
I agree. The new lofts area also interesting. I'm going to check them out this week. So much is going on there.
New Rochelle is such an up and coming area and one of the best kept secrets in Westchester. Although there has been advertising, I don't think that people realize how massive of a revitilization project is going on. Look at what happened in White Plains?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2007