Home Buying in Decatur>Question Details

IamtripleA, Renter in Decatur, GA

Is Trulia a good website to look for rental properties?

Asked by IamtripleA, Decatur, GA Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

6
In order to check whether a site which you are going to choose is legit or not means use the following steps. 1. Use Whois lookup tool like http://www.whoisxy.com/ to check the whois information 2) In the domain contact details check whether they are having valid email address and phone number and does it work 3) Go through review about them using Scamadviser.com , Webutation.net and check whether they are scam free.
In my opinion it is as most rentals get syndicated onto Trulia. Many of my customers find my rentals on Trulia.
We work with renters every day. I would be happy to send you listings that meet your criteria. You can contact me at missy@commongroundrealestate.com or at (912)220-1878
yes! craigslist is also great
Well, considering I never looked for rentals here....I can't say for sure, but I do know there are a number of scam/bogus rental listings posted on the internet - and this site is no exception.

In my opinion, your best option is to work with a local agent who can verify a listing is real!
Thank You.
Flag Sun Mar 10, 2013
Understand that Trulia is more of an entertainment website; it can get you started, show you a little of what's out there, and give you some information:
Trulia does not APPROVE you, contact you, investigate you, or act like an Agent to CONTRACT you.
Some of the properties have already been rented, some are not exactly as shown, and some may be Scams.
You need to do your diligence.
Thank you.
Flag Wed Feb 27, 2013