Home Buying in McKinney>Question Details

Cb, Other/Just Looking in

Is The Settlement at Craig Ranch in the upswing? Are the small yards in these homes a big turn off for buyers in this area? Tks

Asked by Cb, Fri Nov 16, 2012

Answers

9
Looks like the market is finally starting to pick up here.
Sales year over year in DFW area for October were up 26%.
Builder activity is way up as well.

As far as yard sizes go...some people want big yards, some people want small yards, some don't want yards at all. Everyone is different. I'm personally seeing a trend towards smaller homes and smaller yards than we saw 4-5-6 years ago. People are busier, they don't have time to take care, they don't want to be wasteful, they don't want the larger bills...for electric and water. Again everyone is different, but that seems to be the trend in the circles I see.

Here is a link to some of the homes for sell now in The Settlement:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/43364/s…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
CB,
The real estate market in the DFW area has enjoyed a strong year in 2012. NOW is a great time to buy a home. Interest rates are still low, and prices have stablized and started to increase. Buy now before the values rise even more, then you can enjoy the fruits of the increased values as a home owner.

As for the homes and yard sizes, as noted below, it's an individual choice. However, we have NOT seen this as a big turn off to buyers in the area. If the yard size is what you are looking for, then I wouldn't let the re-sale value of the yard be the determining factor on the purchase of the house.

If you are not already working with another agent, we would love the opporunity to help you find/buy your next home. There is no cost to you as a buyer for our services. Additionally, you should hire a Realtor to represent you even if you buy new construction from a builder. The builder rep works for the seller - not you - and they will not be looking out for your best interest.

Please call me at 214-418-0180 and we will assist you in buying your next home!
Melissa

Melissa Hailey - North Texas Top Team, Realtors
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/melissahaileyrealtor
http://twitter.com/#!/melissahailey
http://activerain.com/blogs/mlshailey
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 16, 2012
The Settlement at Craig Ranch; here is what has been going on in the last three years.

2011
Number of homes Sold: 24
Average sold price: $370,715

2012
Number of homes Sold: 29
Average sold price: $253, 527

2013
Number of homes Sold: 26
Average sold price: $302,648

2014 YTD
Number of homes Sold: 6
Average sold price: $316, 667

Note: these figures do not include homes that were sold, but not in the MLS, such as a considerable amount of new construction homes not in inventory.

http://www.brownsteadrealestate.com/listings/areas/43364/sub…
I am a firm believer in that there is a home out there for every buyer.
While the smaller yards may be a turn-off for some buyers, they are a very welcome change for those looking for less-maintenance and "upkeep".
The smaller yards definitely aren't keeping buyers away buyers under $300k as homes in this area are still staying on the market a matter of days in most cases before going under contract :-o
It's important to have an experienced agent who knows how to navigate the delicate web of multiple offers in this market.
Please call me if you are still looking at the Settlement at Craig Ranch, I live in the Subdivision. I can tell you that the market within the subdivision is selling out fast for many reasons. So the upswing can be seen from almost any viewpoint evidenced by the subdivision quickly selling out. The small /medium/large yards found within the Settlement is all a matter of choice. Going from a large yard to a zero lot line for anyone takes getting used to but there are many advantages to the smaller yards. If you are looking for a real estate agent, please call me. Thank you. BJ Harvey, Realtor 214-336-0958 Keller Williams Dallas.
Yard size is a personal preference and/or compromise these days. Location, finish out, value, amenities and other preferences are more crucial with my buyers. A bigger yard is often a bonus for most buyers. What I have found with buyers in some areas of Craig Ranch is a crowded feeling from the small lots, narrow streets and limited garage space being more of a turn off.

The primary consideration currently is the low inventory of available quality homes in the McKinney area. It has been a sellers market for many months. Over ninety percent of my sales or purchases have involved multiple offer situations. It can be distressing for buyers and agents............

So in answer to your question, it depends on the need and time frame of a buyer to find a house in the area!!!!!! Builders are ramping up new home starts as fast as they can pour foundations, with virtually no available move in inventory. Developers are laying out new subdivisions all over the area. So there are delays moving in for several reasons. It's gotten a bit crazy in the area.

Carl Pfeiffer
Keller Williams
972-333-6640
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 9, 2012
Are planning to sell or buy here? Their sale has gone up from last year. As for backyard it is a matter of preference, some people like large yard, some don't want to bother with the maintenance of the yard.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. You can call me at 469-371-2899.

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
I have several friends who sell for builders in Craig Ranch at Highland, DR Horton, American Legend, and Dunhill. Their sales have really increased in the last six months. The yards vary in size depending which section of Craig Ranch you select. I would be happy to help you find the right fit there or in the surrounding area if you are interested. Please contact me.

Lara O'Keefe
Realtor, North Texas Home Finders
New Home Specialist
214.228.7994
laraokeefe@newhomesdfw.net
http://www.newhomesdfw.net
My clients just put a new Beazer Home under contract this past week in Craig Ranch. I would be more than happy to assist with your home search; however, I would need to gather more info from you, so please contact me anytime at 214-872-0400.

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
REALTOR®
Ebby Halliday Realtors®
8920 Coit Rd., Ste. 100Plano, TX 75025
E-mail: MichaelBrownstead@Ebby.com