igoyin, Real Estate Pro in Millbrae, CA

Is Summerhill Homes a good builder?

Asked by igoyin, Millbrae, CA Tue Jun 3, 2008

I am looking at the Village Square development area in Willow Glen in San Jose and they look really good. I'm curious as to whether the builder (Summerhill Homes) is good? How do they compare to KB Home or Olson Homes?

Answers

3
I live in Park Station (Summerhills) at South San Francisco. Well, my answer is: design-wide is great. But if you find out something inside the wall or area that you cann't reach/see having problem because of their poor workmanship, they won't fix it for you. The poor workmanship shall cover 5 years but they don't do that unless you go to the court.
KB Homes in East Bay will fix them for you if there is the poor workmanship ( subcontractors). KB Homes doesn't have a good rating but their customer support is incredible. Summerhills, good luck! They don't care after one year.
You are asking a very general question. My mom owns a Summerhill home in Sunnyvale. She has some problems during the 1st year. They corrected the problems cherrfully so it was OK. I owned KB home in SJ. I have no problem with my home. You have to remeber that those builders build track homes for profit.

Grace
Web Reference: http://www.gracekeng.com
Igoyin,

I am a former Summerhill homeowner, so I may be biased. My experiences with them, before, during, and after my purchase have been very positive. The sales and design teams were great to work with, and customer service was easily accessible. Summerhill has a great reputation, and they have won some architectural and design awards. I have referred clients to and worked with all three builders. They all do good work. Good luck!