Torrie Sostr…, Both Buyer and Seller in Torrance, CA

Is Summer a good time to look for homes? Is Fall better?

Asked by Torrie Sostrenz, Torrance, CA Sat Jun 22, 2013

Answers

6
Torrie,

Summer is the time when people move. Typically there is more inventory during the summer months.

Start looking now so you have choices, and knowledge when the time is right for you.
Make sure you are prepared to make an offer if you fall in love with a home. Having your loan approval letter ready, and a Realtor working on your behalf will work to your benefit.

We are here if you need any assistance.

Kim & Kristine
Sisters, Realtors
310-737-8173
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 11, 2013
Torrie,

The general thought is that summer is the best time to look for a home. Kids are out of school, weather is favorable and before Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. I do not agree. Example: in the beginning of 2013 mortgage interest rates were below 04% today mortgage interest rates are above .04%. I suggest in Southern California anytime is a good time to purchase a home.

Consider:
- When will that dream home come on the market? It could be within 12 months not determined by season.
- How much housing inventory is on the market?
- What are the current mortgage interest rates? Not determined by seasons.

Anytime is a good time but if you have determined now is the time to purchase be prepared. Contact a direct lender and obtain a pre-approval. That is a major starting point. You can determine your purchasing power. Then you can pen-point the areas you qualify for. CONTACT professional realtor have them give daily updates of current properties on the market in your price range. If I can be of assistance please contact me.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
http://www.westlaestates.com/
310.853.9933
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 9, 2013
There tends to be more on the market in the summer. In the fall, there are fewer homes on the market...but also fewer buyers to compete with when bidding!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 22, 2013
Winter is a good time to buy, especially if the weather is lousy in LA. Buyers tend to not be as active then.

Daniel Castiel
Santa Monica Real Estate Agent
310-584-7721
Summer has typically been a very active time for Real Estate Sales & Purchases. In my opinion,it has to do with the Weather and it being time off for many families and kids. In the Fall and Winter months there are holidays and families are busy so there are less homes on the market then.
With home prices on the rise and intetest rates also higher, I would suggest buying now before they go any higher.
Susan@SusanBour.com