Home Buying in Venice>Question Details

Luigi, Home Buyer in Venice, FL

Is South Venice a good area to live.?

Asked by Luigi, Venice, FL Sun Jul 25, 2010

I have an opportunity to move to the southern part of Venice, Fl. Anybody, have any feedback as to the area?

Answers

5
For more information on South Venice, FL go to the following web site: http://www.southvenice.com/
It will give you information on real estate, weather, jobs and more.

Tammy Hayes, Sandals Realty, tammyhayesre@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 11, 2010
I would suggest you spend some time looking around this area and particularly around the home you would consider buying. From my experience you could be looking at a very nice house, but it could be situated next to/ between other not too nice properties. You can always change things about your own home, but you cannot change what your neighbours do with your homes and yards - especially in non deed restricted areas. (from non agent)
Luigi, I've been a resident of South Venice since 1988 and a builder of some 80 homes here since 1985. it has a laid back atmosphere, which some people call non-deed restricted but it's friendly. Our soils are generally 6' of white sand, tough for yards but no problems for septic systems. Almost all homes have a good quality water softening system that may cost $15 a month or less to have maintained. So you save $70 to $80 bucks a month on a water/sewer bill. It's minutes to the "Island", shopping and affordable.

There is a voluntary community association that publishes a monthy newsletter, but it's key draw is the South Venice Ferry that takes members out to a deeded stretch of beach on Manasota Key daily (except Wednesdays) as well as private boat launch.

Search "South Venice Beach" Check out my website and welcome to the neighborhood.

Joe Hayden
ERA Preferred Properties of Venice, Inc
(941) 321-2964
joshayden@comcast.net
http://www.venicearearealestate.com
Luigi,

South Venice has some very attractive home prices at this time and many buyers are taking advantage of these opportunities. This is a location that is convenient to either the Venice beaches or Manasota beaches and handy to all area amenities.

This communty is is blend of newer construction and older homes dating to the 1960's with no home owner's manditory association. Many people find this aspect appealing because they can store their boats or RV's without problems.

A commonly accepted drawback to living in South Venice is the fact that these homes are on well and septic. which some people don't want to deal with.

We would be happy to provide additional information at your request.

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Luigi,

Many find the South Venice area very attractive. It all depends on your personal needs in a Home and what kinds of Ammenities you need and want close by. The neighborhoods in the South Venice area are mostly all Single Family Homes. Most of these neighborhoods have no deed restrictions and the South Venice area offers easy access to Manasota Key and its Beaches and to the the East there are a few Golf Courses to join. Again, it would all depend on what some of your needs are.

There are 114 properties available today in the general South Venice area. To learn more about these listings and some of the other options you would have in the Greater Venice area, please contact me directly at kenipox@prudentialpalmsrealty.com or by phone at 941-993-7279. You can also search the entire MLS system at my website http://www.kenipox.net There you will find a great deal of information about the general area and I will be happy to answer any of your questions on a personal basis.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ken Ipox
Prudential Palms Realty http://www.kenipox.net
941-993-7279
kenipox@prudentialpalmsrealty.com